Blown turbo at track - need help cooling it down

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Thanks for this. I upgraded the inter cooler in the front and a tans cooler from CFs. But not side ones. Blew stock turbo at 12k. Toyota did not cover. They Sent to bmw. As they did not know how to work on it or even diagnose that it was the turbo. They changed turbo. $7K. Drove for approx 1000 miles. Took to track day. Blew turbo on First session. Intake side came apart. Pieces into intake tube/ engine. Bmw would not cover. Wanted 30k for new engine and no warranty. They are all crooks. . I did not have time to fight with them. I went and got car. I have done an engine swap myself from a crashed one with 14k. Almost exact miles that was on mine when 2nd turbo they replaced failed. I have upgraded the side radiators as well. I plan on taking the old engine apart to see what really failed. So will test the water pump to see if that failed first. New junk yard motor(lol) with a charge pipe, cold air intake, catless down pipe and aftermarket exhaust. (Stock tune no boost). Dynoed at 426 hp to rear wheels on 30% eth.
so I am interested in others who have had turbo failures.
This was on all on the stock tune or was it tuned? Did you have ever do a boost leak test? Killing turbos so fast points to a boost leak and in turn over spinning the turbo.

Also, not sure how the car is making 426whp to the rear wheels with the stock tune, also, running 30% ethanol?

I feel like we aren't getting the complete story here.
Sponsored