BM3 Flex Fuel Depinning

kehvin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 3.0 Premium Nocturnal / '20 Tacoma Cement
On the last step of installing my BM3 Flex Fuel kit and need to learn how to depin this connector. Any ideas? (#1 Pin)
IMG_1940.jpeg
Sponsored

Lamer6459

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
I used a small pick tool and gently push it back out of the housing. They have an awesome tutorial on YouTube for our cars.

jRuN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, 2017 Ram 1500 Sport
BTW their OTS E50 is šŸ”„
Is there an OTS flex fuel tune for those who also install their flex fuel kit? Or is that a custom tune only type of thing?

What mods do you have for your ots e50 tune?

Lamer6459

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
Itā€™s OTS you can purchase from Pro Tuning Freaks/ BM3 after you purchase their license. Iā€™ve had zero issues with their OTS stuff. If you wanna squeeze even more power you can get a custom tune also available on their site. I installed their flex fuel kit myself and am running a bunch of performance mods but all you need is a catless DP. Crazy results from the stock tune.

jRuN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Itā€™s OTS you can purchase from Pro Tuning Freaks/ BM3 after you purchase their license. Iā€™ve had zero issues with their OTS stuff. If you wanna squeeze even more power you can get a custom tune also available on their site. I installed their flex fuel kit myself and am running a bunch of performance mods but all you need is a catless DP. Crazy results from the stock tune.
Hmmm... Does it really have to be catless? I've got the AA catted dp

I have done a little more research and from what I gathered, to run OTS flex fuel from BM3, you have to select the Mutimap option and then it will adjust from there as those maps are flex fuel enabled, is that true?

OP
OP
kehvin

kehvin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hmmm... Does it really have to be catless? I've got the AA catted dp

I have done a little more research and from what I gathered, to run OTS flex fuel from BM3, you have to select the Mutimap option and then it will adjust from there as those maps are flex fuel enabled, is that true?
Iā€™ve thought about selling the AA downpipe and getting a 5ā€ catless downpipe to make more power with the DAW turbo. Idk yet though

jRuN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Iā€™ve thought about selling the AA downpipe and getting a 5ā€ catless downpipe to make more power with the DAW turbo. Idk yet though
I'm not really concerned with the reduced power been catless and catted.. I'll never have the most power :) I just want to make sure it isn't a requirement to be catless to run the e50 tune

OP
OP
kehvin

kehvin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm not really concerned with the reduced power been catless and catted.. I'll never have the most power :) I just want to make sure it isn't a requirement to be catless to run the e50 tune
Im pretty sure running catted is fine. That was my other option of staying catted so I donā€™t smell fumes and wouldnā€™t have to reinstall a downpipe again.
Then again I saw a video talking about how ethanol blends can build up on catted downpipes, but dont know how true or accurate that is.

jRuN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks for the info guys!