Paolo

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 SUPRA
@Xxyion
Will wait for xxyion comment about first to second gear crunch manual not smooth bmw.

But I've moved to a manual now and prefer the full control over the zf auto.

Others may prefer the lighter package of supra setup.

The new M2 will be more of the same and unless the manual is updated in it I would stay with supra.
Sponsored

Okvilln

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Toyota Supra | 20' Audi S5 SB | 11' R8
Latest gen F87 M2 is getting old…going on 6 years(?). CS models are the last bow before they introduce a new model. If you want the latest and greatest toy, it may be counter productive. IMO stick with the Supra until the new M2/S58 goes on sale. That is a big enough differentiator for me.

OP
OP
Jamassi

Jamassi

First Name
Edreus
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 refraction blue Supra 2003 Mitsubishi Evo
Supra over regular M2, sure. Supra over M2 CS? Tough call. The CS is special.

However, it looks like the M2 CS goes for the same price as a used 981 GT4, and I would 100% get the Porsche 981 GT4 over the M2 CS any day.
very interesting that you say that because I sold my 981 GT4 during peak market earlier this year and found my Supra for unbelievable deal and only had 600 miles on the odo. I love the GT4 but the gearing was not to my liking butone hell of a car to say the least

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium - Turbulance Gray
very interesting that you say that because I sold my 981 GT4 during peak market earlier this year and found my Supra for unbelievable deal and only had 600 miles on the odo. I love the GT4 but the gearing was not to my liking butone hell of a car to say the least
No way! Guess you like to experience different cars as well. I had a 2019 Porsche 718 Cayman (base model) that I traded in for my Supra during the peak as well. The 718 was a joy to drive, very confidence inspiring and great on smaller, tighter tracks and roads. Not sure how you felt about the GT4 vs the Supra, but if it's like the 718 in any way, the feedback you get from the car is unmatched by anything else I've ever driven. Only reason why I got rid of it was because I wanted something with some more straight line power.

There really are a lot of P car owners who are on this forum...

OP
OP
Jamassi

Jamassi

First Name
Edreus
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No way! Guess you like to experience different cars as well. I had a 2019 Porsche 718 Cayman (base model) that I traded in for my Supra during the peak as well. The 718 was a joy to drive, very confidence inspiring and great on smaller, tighter tracks and roads. Not sure how you felt about the GT4 vs the Supra, but if it's like the 718 in any way, the feedback you get from the car is unmatched by anything else I've ever driven. Only reason why I got rid of it was because I wanted something with some more straight line power.

There really are a lot of P car owners who are on this forum...
Exactly P cars are built exceptionally well and the GT4 is a perfect track weapon and a great daily commuter. Unfortunately getting in and out of those bucket seats are a PITA. Overall a very well balanced machine. My dream car is still a gt3 rs and will get one if they ever go down in price lol.

The m2cs is also very unique and rare car and the opportunity to get one just fell in my lap kinda and yes I do like experiencing different cars and the m2cs is very intriguing but honestly selling the Supra after a just a few months of ownership wasn’t the plan and I’m very fond of the car and I just absolutely love the way it looks and drives. Not to mention it was a very smooth transition coming from a GT4 to Supra. Btw I use my GT4 car cover for the Supra fits perfectly in every angle lol. Hmmm decisions, decisions

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Turbulence, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
I have been a manual sports car owner for the past 32+ years and when I test drove a Cayman S manual aNd PDK back to back, I found the PDK was a much better match to the engine. Just did not care for the gearing in the manual Porsche at all. I know you change out the gearing, but it’s not cheap on an already expensive car. But I would love to have a 4.0 GTS with the PDK. Might be my next car when used prices come back down to earth.

OP
OP
Jamassi

Jamassi

First Name
Edreus
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Wait, I don't think I am tracking this. MSRP for the M2CS is what, $85K before taxes, title, fees, etc.? What are they giving you for your Supra? 50K?
They are giving $59000. Price of this m2 cs is $94000 which is cheaper than most I see posted which are all in the $100k range or higher.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
No bigger BMW fan than me. I have owned dozens over the years and still own 2 including an old M3

94k seems really high to me for just an M2 I know the cs makes it a little special but not THAT special. Just me

For that money i would get in line for an Emira, used 911, or an M4

Seems like your minds made up. Again, it is not a bad decision. All of us are a little nutty and different to be talking about any of these

Good luck either way!

DaBear723

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Seems like you are seeking validation from a bunch of Supra owners which may be a bunch of "dont do it". If it will make you happy, pull the trigger on it. You can always come back to the Supra fam if you don't fall in love with the CS. Otherwise if it sells before you make a decision, the choice wont be yours anymore.

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF
If it helps - I had a similar opportunity recently, but decided to keep the Supra for now. Highly prefer the looks of the Supra, and now that the next-gen 2-series has been unveiled, I've fallen in love with it. I've never loved the back-end of the current 2-series, even when I had my M235i. The front-end of the new 2-series is just enough Turbomeister to excite me.

I'm holding onto the Supra for now, and ordering a new M2 as soon as the books open!