Body color aero

Slurm818

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type R; Lexus RCF
Did a few google searches and haven’t really seen this on the forum…

I’m going for a more OG JDM look and want to color all my aero the same as my body color (Nitro Yellow) instead of black

Has anyone done this? How were you results if you did? Also wondering if I should just get aftermarket pieces and paint them instead of yanking off the OEM.

All opinions welcome.
Sponsored

CafeRacerQueen

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniela
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘20 M4 CS, ‘24 GR Supra 45th LE
It would look so damn good. I swear you can do this in Forza or GT7

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
What about just getting another set of OEM trim pieces to paint?

OP
OP

Slurm818

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type R; Lexus RCF
Yep. Body color is going to be dope af.

Those look like bolt on to OEM. So just need to figure out whether I can take off OEM and paint or if I need to go this route

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 MT, '00 4Runner SR5
Yep. Body color is going to be dope af.

Those look like bolt on to OEM. So just need to figure out whether I can take off OEM and paint or if I need to go this route
Did you scroll through that link? Those are all the factory OEM pieces painted silver. So yes, you can remove the OEM pieces and have them painted. They’re just plastic. Any body shop should be able to do that for you.

SInner

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 3.0
Did a few google searches and haven’t really seen this on the forum…

I’m going for a more OG JDM look and want to color all my aero the same as my body color (Nitro Yellow) instead of black

Has anyone done this? How were you results if you did? Also wondering if I should just get aftermarket pieces and paint them instead of yanking off the OEM.

All opinions welcome.
I was saying this a few months ago. Im not a fan of the front end of this car and was looking for paintable options. Best I’d found was the EVS kit to ditch the aero fins

26FFD4C8-19EC-4D85-8FD0-6DFA517A868D.png

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
The side pieces look better if you have some black remaining.. but this is just me..

One of the main reasons why I bought a black Supra was because the cladding (lip spoiler?) just looks out of place on the front in factory form.. on my car I added a splitter and that cleaned it up real nicely. CF also looks good in black so I have the factory CF side mirrors and a small rear lip on the trunk.
Sponsored