Bootmod3 tune question

Madgavis

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
I recently put a Titan Motorsports downpipe and a Bootmod3 OTS Stage 2 tune on my A90. A night a day difference no doubt, but the transmission is shifting noticeably different. Around 5k rpm from 4th to 5th you can feel it shift somewhat rough. Just curious as to what is going on. I knew the tune was going to cause a lot more wear on the drivetrain, just wondering if anyone else had a similar experience.
Sponsored

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
your best bet would be reaching out to BM3 owners. Rather than asking here where 99% of the people wont have any idea what you're talking about and how to fix it. BM3 has a support function. open a ticket with them.

But, a rough shift could be anything or nothing. Could just be the trans needing time to adapt to the new changes in ECU programming. It could also be possibly cold oil. It could also be a tune issue. Or it can be just the normal response of the trans with more power going through it to increase clutch pressure and etc. That can cause firmer shiffting.
But reach out for support BM3 to the makers.

protuningfreaks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
protuningfreaks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.protuningfreaks.com
Car(s)
2020 A90 Supra
I recently put a Titan Motorsports downpipe and a Bootmod3 OTS Stage 2 tune on my A90. A night a day difference no doubt, but the transmission is shifting noticeably different. Around 5k rpm from 4th to 5th you can feel it shift somewhat rough. Just curious as to what is going on. I knew the tune was going to cause a lot more wear on the drivetrain, just wondering if anyone else had a similar experience.
At times it can be transmission learning/adaptation related. You can go into the Diagnostics screen and click on the Reset Adaptations button to clear adaptations in all modules and it'll include the EGS computer (transmission). If still any issues let us know and we can review in more detail by emailing us at [email protected].

Cheers -
Sponsored