Brakes making a click sound?

dayschasingcars

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Absolute Zero White Supra 3.0
My right side brakes click not just when braking, but also when going over a speed bump. Could this be a loose caliper, or something else?
Sponsored

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
My right side brakes click not just when braking, but also when going over a speed bump. Could this be a loose caliper, or something else?
stock pads that have never been removed or aftermarket pads?

Just my theory on what might be happening if it is brake related (versus suspension like a top mount, or loose sway bar etc.)

You may experience some clicking/clunking/banging type noises if you've previously removed and reinstalled your factory pads or installed aftermarket pads.

The noise will be apparent when you're not on the brakes and going over small or large road imperfections. Lane reflector bumps and speed bumps included. This is because the factory brakes have an adhesive on the backing plate which 'glues' the pads to the pistons. This does reduce noises and vibrations as the pads won't just move freely in the caliper. Aftermarket pads do not use adhesives and I haven't seen anyone [yet] apply an adhesive.

OP
OP
dayschasingcars

dayschasingcars

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Absolute Zero White Supra 3.0
stock pads that have never been removed or aftermarket pads?

Just my theory on what might be happening if it is brake related (versus suspension like a top mount, or loose sway bar etc.)

You may experience some clicking/clunking/banging type noises if you've previously removed and reinstalled your factory pads or installed aftermarket pads.

The noise will be apparent when you're not on the brakes and going over small or large road imperfections. Lane reflector bumps and speed bumps included. This is because the factory brakes have an adhesive on the backing plate which 'glues' the pads to the pistons. This does reduce noises and vibrations as the pads won't just move freely in the caliper. Aftermarket pads do not use adhesives and I haven't seen anyone [yet] apply an adhesive.
never have touched the pads before.