Break in oil, 2 track days, some tires, lets take a look.

AndyK5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nitro Yellow MT
Alright so 1000 miles on the odometer, 2 track days on the car on break in oil. Stock except intake/exhaust, Tires are Federal RS-RR on stock sizes.

First of all oil, nice and clear light to dark brown, no burnt smell, pretty clean to be honest. No pictures.

Filter looks great for break in. I see some very small metal shavings which is what I expected from this oil change.

filter.jpg

For tires, lets look at front. Middle over used, the car was uber understeery, especially when the tires got hot. At some point they went to 37psi hot on track from 24 Cold. I think they clearly overheated and over pressurized eating the center of the tire as well as the outside wall which is inline with what I have been feeling. Need to keep temps in check and camber.
middle_front.jpg

Now the rear outside: Definitely need a lot more camber, eating the outside shoulder way more than the rest of the tire.

outside_rear.jpg
outside_rear2.jpg

Interesting point: Inside rear is chunked up. I think this happened as I was sliding the rear at the skid pad (part of last turn at streets of willow) and the tire was skidding across the surface. I mean that is the only thing I can chalk it up to as with respect to the outside of the tire this part should not even be touching the ground.

insdie rear.jpg

insdie_rear_2.jpg

Ignore these pics, I can't seem to delete them.

outisde_rear.jpg

outside_rear.jpg

outside_rear2.jpg
Sponsored