FlexFiveOh

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5
Vehicle Showcase
So my wife gave me a budget of $10k for round 2 of upgrades. I live in Orlando and reached out to Titan since they did the first round of work on the car.

Currently on an Ecutek 93 tune with intake, charge pipe, catless DP, and meth spray. My next idea was turbo and/or flex fuel/port injection, possibly cooling since I'm in FL.

I asked for their guidance on viability of the build since the trans isnt built yet and doing the turbo and flex/port will put the car well over the trans limit. I'd rather not explode the trans.

It took 3 days to get a reply, so I called, they told him to reply and dude literally just gave "Heres the price of parts, labor tune" and " estimated 600whp on 93, and 730 whp on E85. Totally did not say whether it was too much power etc...so now I come to ya'll. Then didn't reply to my follow-up email

Cars not going to be on a drag strip or prepped surface. Just for street pulls and some fun on back roads. Is it stupid to do those upgrades before the trans? What risks may I be blind to? Is the 4 piece (not 5) cooling from CSF needed if its just pulls and not track use?

TYIA
Sponsored

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Check out Kings Performance in Orlando area. Willy is a great person to deal with and will make you forget you called Titan.

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra - Gridlife StreetMod #29, '23 B48 Supra
So my wife gave me a budget of $10k for round 2 of upgrades. I live in Orlando and reached out to Titan since they did the first round of work on the car.

Currently on an Ecutek 93 tune with intake, charge pipe, catless DP, and meth spray. My next idea was turbo and/or flex fuel/port injection, possibly cooling since I'm in FL.

I asked for their guidance on viability of the build since the trans isnt built yet and doing the turbo and flex/port will put the car well over the trans limit. I'd rather not explode the trans.

It took 3 days to get a reply, so I called, they told him to reply and dude literally just gave "Heres the price of parts, labor tune" and " estimated 600whp on 93, and 730 whp on E85. Totally did not say whether it was too much power etc...so now I come to ya'll. Then didn't reply to my follow-up email

Cars not going to be on a drag strip or prepped surface. Just for street pulls and some fun on back roads. Is it stupid to do those upgrades before the trans? What risks may I be blind to? Is the 4 piece (not 5) cooling from CSF needed if its just pulls and not track use?

TYIA
I would call or email Fernando at Ostar and he’ll set you up. Those guys are experienced with the platform and dealing with them in the past was great.

I’ve got a bnib CSF 4-piece cooling setup for sale if you need it btw. Would sell it for less than you’ll find anywhere else. Decided to run stock cooling on my 2.0 and don’t need it now.

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tesla M3P
Grab a flex fuel kit and a DAW Ultra-Flow-R or Pure 800 and you should be able to get tuned to about 600 whp/wtq on e30/e40. Youll be at the limit of the trans, should cost you well under 5k.

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
if you’re in the area check out o-star. They’ve built a few, also there’s lots of knowledge local guys as well. Join the Florida a90 group on fb

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
If my wife suddenly gave me $10K for power mods, I would think she wants to accelerate my expiration date.. :hmm:

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tesla M3P
If my wife suddenly gave me $10K for power mods, I would think she wants to accelerate my expiration date.. :hmm:
If my wife gave me a budget for anything, id be contacting an attorney.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
my 2 cents.....see if you can get a ethanol sensor and an ethanol tune, along with the EOS Manifold.

https://www.eospeed.com/products/b58-upraded-intercooler-manifold

I wouldn't buy a new turbo without updating the transmission, but that is just me.

On my 21, (in my head) I feel that with BM3 running ethanol, I am at the limit of the transmission - so next up will be to address cooling and then in future update turbo, trans and axles.

It basically goes from 2-4k in mods to 15-20k in mods for the next "phase"....

Again just my opinion/thoughts.

OP
OP

FlexFiveOh

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you all, Ill def check out Ostar and Kings...as well as my life insurances policies 🤣
Sponsored