Canadian Manual Transmission Allocations

YukonSupra

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Phantom
Thank you sir. I'm wondering why in the states they can see car inventories around them, and able to track their order status whilst in Canada we can't see any of these processes at all. We should have those as well. :rolleyes:
Here in Canada, the system was changed a couple years back. Whereas we were once able to see the VIN# once the vehicle was dropped into our Pipeline, we now don't have access to it until it's been released to the transport company bringing it to the landed Dealership from the processing yard.
Once the transport company has it for loading, we get an invoice from Toyota Canada with all the vehicle data.
Sponsored

DanzBurG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 MT Supra, '10 Yaris, '19 Fit
So did you put deposits down at Markville? Or does your rep work elsewhere? Asking because as per the original document Markville is slated for two, so it might speak to regional/area demand if it was known they had two coming in and no one ordered them until you.
We didn't end up placing our orders at Markville, we went to a dealer 2 hours away but did it through the phone (a friend is a sales manager there). The sales rep at Markville pretty much ghosted us once we told them we didn't want the extended warranty.

94boosted

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R MT
Here in Canada, the system was changed a couple years back. Whereas we were once able to see the VIN# once the vehicle was dropped into our Pipeline, we now don't have access to it until it's been released to the transport company bringing it to the landed Dealership from the processing yard.
Once the transport company has it for loading, we get an invoice from Toyota Canada with all the vehicle data.
Do you by chance work at a Toyota dealership? If that's the case does that mean that there could be a bunch of MT's destined for Canada right now sitting in Magna Steyr, or potentially even on a ship?

Does Toyota Canada not notify the dealership that their requested order (with a customer's name attached to it) was accepted?

YukonSupra

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Phantom
Do you by chance work at a Toyota dealership? If that's the case does that mean that there could be a bunch of MT's destined for Canada right now sitting in Magna Steyr, or potentially even on a ship?

Does Toyota Canada not notify the dealership that their requested order (with a customer's name attached to it) was accepted?
I do, yes, in the Yukon.

All I had meant to say was that our system is different in that we only receive the VIN# once the vehicle is only days-away from arriving. We do get a confirmation of the placement of the customer order when placed. Once it is officially in our Pipeline we will get another update, with customer name, and can see updates such as "In Production", "In Transit" or "At The Yard".

What will happen, as already said by others, is that once the customer order has been placed we will receive a confirmation of that request. From there, we wait (VERY) patiently to receive another confirmation with the actual ETA. Sometimes we will get exactly what we have asked for, but we are also given units that do not match exactly what we need. An example I can give you is that we may have four 4Runners on order, but Toyota gives us a supplemental unit that does not match any of those configurations. We're calling the customers to ask if they would like to change to what we have, or continue to wait. Very frustrating.

For my Supra in particular, I had put the order June 2021 but we weren't allocated any units by October so my wife and I told my boss to cancel the order. Came back from vacation March 2022 to find out that we had been allocated my exact build, and arrived mid-July 2022.

94boosted

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I do, yes, in the Yukon.

All I had meant to say was that our system is different in that we only receive the VIN# once the vehicle is only days-away from arriving. We do get a confirmation of the placement of the customer order when placed. Once it is officially in our Pipeline we will get another update, with customer name, and can see updates such as "In Production", "In Transit" or "At The Yard".

What will happen, as already said by others, is that once the customer order has been placed we will receive a confirmation of that request. From there, we wait (VERY) patiently to receive another confirmation with the actual ETA. Sometimes we will get exactly what we have asked for, but we are also given units that do not match exactly what we need. An example I can give you is that we may have four 4Runners on order, but Toyota gives us a supplemental unit that does not match any of those configurations. We're calling the customers to ask if they would like to change to what we have, or continue to wait. Very frustrating.

For my Supra in particular, I had put the order June 2021 but we weren't allocated any units by October so my wife and I told my boss to cancel the order. Came back from vacation March 2022 to find out that we had been allocated my exact build, and arrived mid-July 2022.
Thanks Yukon. That makes sense, it's the step highlighted in yellow that I think we're all patiently waiting for. It's been over 9 months of radio silence from my dealer since they "confirmed my request".

YukonSupra

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Phantom
Thanks Yukon. That makes sense, it's the step highlighted in yellow that I think we're all patiently waiting for. It's been over 9 months of radio silence from my dealer since they "confirmed my request".

You're welcome. And, if this helps at all, we currently have 3 Supras here in the Territory. The first two were allocated without customers, and sold quickly. Mine was the only one that was ordered with a name attached, but I think we were allocated that unit as well and I just got seriously lucky.

I believe that we were allocated as I was in the West Edmonton Mall Toyota Dealership a few weeks prior, and they had two 2022 Phantom Supras in the Showroom.

I currently have a manual Stratosphere on order for a customer, so will have to see how that pans out.

ichigo9dan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 STI
Thanks for the information!

OP
OP

Rustyoid

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR86
Two allocations released this morning, plus Maple Toyota's from the previous run;

Total Vehicles (3)

Export to ExcelSorting

TradeVTNDealerModelSuffixColourAPXOrder TypeETA FromETA ToAccessory InstallCityProvince
Trade080266542348 - Maple ToyotaDB0D0M - GR Supra 3.0T MTBK - 3.0 Premium Manual / Optional Colour/Black0D06 - Nitro Yellow00STOCK Open2023-03-162023-03-20NoMapleOntario
Trade082009042333 - Belleville ToyotaDB0D0M - GR Supra 3.0T MTBM - 3.0 Premium Manual/Black0D14 - Cu Later00STOCK OpenNoBellevilleOntario
Trade082008942175 - Petawawa ToyotaDB0D0M - GR Supra 3.0T MTBM - 3.0 Premium Manual/Black0D04 - Nocturnal00STOCK OpenNoPembrokeOntario

OP
OP

Rustyoid

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR86
Incorrect, dealers can see the VIN as soon as the vehicle is in transit from the factory.

A.J.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra M/T
Can you see all allocations or just the unclaimed ones?

94boosted

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Or are they just the open ones not the claimed ones?
My dealer hasn’t said a word, 9 months of waiting without a single update. Getting so frustrated with Toyota. If I’m not going to get a car for spring I want to know so I can buy something else.
Sponsored