Canadian Manual Transmission Allocations

kevenv

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 MT
I was driving the highway between Moncton and Fredericton yesterday and passed a westbound car hauler full of Supras. Someone somewhere is about to be very happy very soon!
Sponsored

kevenv

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 MT
I ended up cancelling my AZ MT order in Halifax and picked up the Nocturnal MT from the dealer in Moncton last Thursday. So much fun
IMG_1610.jpg
IMG_1615.jpg
IMG_1619.jpg
Congrats! That has been for sale since mid May! The still available blue AT since mid Jun. Crazy that some people wait a long long time for theirs and here were 2, now 1 on the lot waiting for a buyer.

GrimlockGR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR MT, Mustang GT, Toyota Yaris
Congrats! That has been for sale since mid May! The still available blue AT since mid Jun.
Thanks
I was surprised how long they had the Manual. Even crazier is that the Toyota dealer in Cape Breton has 2 manuals. A Red and a Cu Later. Both have been there for more than 2 months.

5AMPWR

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Sti Sport tech - 2023 Manual 3.0 - On order
Thanks
I was surprised how long they had the Manual. Even crazier is that the Toyota dealer in Cape Breton has 2 manuals. A Red and a Cu Later. Both have been there for more than 2 months.
I just called them for the Cu later. They canā€™t sell out of province according to Toyota.
Iā€™m in Alberta

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2008 BMW 335xi, 2004 Acura RSX
I just called them for the Cu later. They canā€™t sell out of province according to Toyota.
Iā€™m in Alberta
I bet they would if you bought it out right. Financing to extraprovincial buyers would be tough to enforce but I donā€™t see why they wouldnā€™t sell you the car if you showed up cash in hand, other than it would be a little suspicious to have that much cash.

5AMPWR

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I bet they would if you bought it out right. Financing to extraprovincial buyers would be tough to enforce but I donā€™t see why they wouldnā€™t sell you the car if you showed up cash in hand, other than it would be a little suspicious to have that much cash.
I can bring them a bank draft - just as good as cash and safer for both parties šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

kevenv

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 MT
I paid cash for mine....

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I paid cash for mine....
Good for you.

Withdrawing that much cash or walking into a dealer with that much cash will often flag it as a suspicious transaction.

Some dealers refuse to sell for straight cash to protect themselves or just simply because they want the extra profit from a dealer loan.

Iā€™m not saying you canā€™t buy straight cash or bank draft, but either the bank or dealer is more likely to give you grief in the process.

kevenv

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 MT
Good for you.

Withdrawing that much cash or walking into a dealer with that much cash will often flag it as a suspicious transaction.

Some dealers refuse to sell for straight cash to protect themselves or just simply because they want the extra profit from a dealer loan.

Iā€™m not saying you canā€™t buy straight cash or bank draft, but either the bank or dealer is more likely to give you grief in the process.
In my mind you are over thinking this. Maybe I misrepresented a cash deal when I used a bank draft. I have a long established relationship with my bank and a bank draft took me all of 5 minutes to get, no questions asked, other than who to make it out to. The dealer, who didn't know me from Adam, was more than happy to take the draft and give me the keys. Less than 30 minutes to complete all the paperwork and drive away.

Maybe things are different here in the Maritimes but I would be very surprised if a dealer refused a cash/draft offer on any car especially in todays financial climate.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
In my mind you are over thinking this. Maybe I misrepresented a cash deal when I used a bank draft. I have a long established relationship with my bank and a bank draft took me all of 5 minutes to get, no questions asked, other than who to make it out to. The dealer, who didn't know me from Adam, was more than happy to take the draft and give me the keys. Less than 30 minutes to complete all the paperwork and drive away.

Maybe things are different here in the Maritimes but I would be very surprised if a dealer refused a cash/draft offer on any car especially in todays financial climate.
If youā€™re buying out of province then I would assume there is no relationship with the dealer. It also depends on the vehicle youā€™re buying.

If youā€™re using a bank draft then yes, that takes some of the suspicion away.

5AMPWR

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Does anyone know how the tax rebate works when buying a car in a province with HST and registering it in a province with GST
(Nova Scotia buy - register Alberta )