Amfchang

First Name
AMF
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Hello,
Most likely I will be replacing all of the OEM Satin Black Units with Carbon Fiber Replacements, along with future carbon fiber engine parts like intakes, engine covers, etc.

My FIRST Question:
Will I need to reclearcoat the carbon fiber material so the gel coating doesn't yellow out over time. Im asking for both engine parts and exterior parts. ( Carbon Intake to Carbon Front Lip Spoiler, Rear Diffuser).

SECOND QUESTION:
My car is ceramic coated and now, should I ceramic coat the carbon parts? What I'm afraid of is the possibility of it yellowing because I doubt ceramic coating will protect it from yellowing since its due to the resin, which brings me back to question the clear coating part in the first question.

Most likely, if it does need a reclear, then I will ceramic coat it but I don't want to ceramic coat it and it fades, changes color and turns green. Then I lose out on how much money I spent on coating it.
Sponsored

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Yes its good to clear coat carbon so it doesn't yellow out esp in hot sun. I always ceramic coat my carbon parts as well.

-Josh