CarPlay Disappeared (Gone)

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra Prem/Assist DS Blue, '16 C7, '22 Mach-E
I had a strange issue where CarPlay went missing on my system. Also my Supra Connect was disconnected. Anyone else experience this?

Sponsored

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Yes, welcome to me April 2021. I drove around as is for a couple of months and CarPlay magically returned as it updated the subscription over the air. It's really stupid. I tried everything. Nothing worked. I always had Toyota Connect though..

1slow_mk5

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra. S2000. 328i
So do we have to pay for subscription to keep carplay? Or just an error

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Turbulence, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
This happened to me recently. I deleted my phone, added it back, and setup CarPlay again.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
So do we have to pay for subscription to keep carplay? Or just an error
It's permanently included in your car purchase. From what I read somewhere, it was BMW's admin related mistake that caused the deletion of your subscription and they had to re-subscribe to Apple. Once that goes through, the subscription is reactivated and your car has wireless CarPlay as it once did.

Your black out period can be short or very long like me (months) depending on how often you drive your car as all of this happens over the air.

What I recommend is if you drive your car often, try deleting your phone from the HU (BlueTooth), and delete your Supra from your iPhone once every few days and re-do the BlueTooth pairing setup. You won't need to do anything special if your subscription is back. The car will simply ask whether you want to use CarPlay or not. And if you're not retarded, you will choose YES.

OP
OP
CarGuy11

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra Prem/Assist DS Blue, '16 C7, '22 Mach-E
When I lost mine, I had no option to repair phone with CarPlay, just standard bluetooth. Also my car had no connection to Supra connect so think my car had a problem that others didn't have.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
When I lost mine, I had no option to repair phone with CarPlay, just standard bluetooth. Also my car had no connection to Supra connect so think my car had a problem that others didn't have.
time to sell it and get a C8 so your other baby can have a new younger brother in the garage
Sponsored