Rear view camera gone

Jstyle

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0
Is there an option somewhere where I can reenable it? It's not dirty or anything, just nothing happens on the screen when I throw it in reverse anymore.
Sponsored

dallo28

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2.0 Fuji Speedway
Could it be that some of the connection to the camera died? Or maybe you can try to find the relevant jumper and disconnect / reconnect to see if that helps. Otherwise, I'd rather take it straight to toyota to see what's wrong.

SupraYYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0
Is there an option somewhere where I can reenable it? It's not dirty or anything, just nothing happens on the screen when I throw it in reverse anymore.
The back up camera is required by federal regulation, so there's no setting to enable or disable it. I don't know what caused yours to stop showing up altogether, and I've never heard of that happening before, but getting it working again will be covered under warranty. Unfortunately, that'll involve taking it to a Toyota dealership, who seem to be universally shitty.

(My backup camera once displayed a garbled, green mess. Fortunately that went away on the next start, so I didn't have to take it to a dealership.)

mushx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Stratosphere Supra
theres an option to turn off the camera, put it in reverse and look on the left side of the screen

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I had this happen to me once after washing my car. Camera came back the next time I drove the car though.
Sponsored