Catch can options

raiu

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0 Supra, 2018 WRX STI
Are still running the stock turbo? I know most people who are running the stock turbo and a catch can report that the catch can is always empty lol but I'm running a Pure800 and the blowby is visually noticeable on my chargepipe.

Did you end up getting an AOS?
Sponsored

Nytrajin

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger GT, GR Supra
Did you end up getting an AOS?
I have a bone dry AOS but consume about 2L of oil between changes (15k km). All that oil is disappearing into my intake via the great and mighty oil gulping craPure800 that had the issue since day 1 😂.

Glad to report our factory PCV system is pretty darn good, not so glad to report that pure800 is not a great upgrade option as tempting as they are. I even vented to through an actively cooled condenser to atmosphere to ensure neither PCV or CCV are pumping oil into the intake and still found puddles of oil everytime I opened the intake and CP.

raiu

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0 Supra, 2018 WRX STI
I have a bone dry AOS but consume about 2L of oil between changes (15k km). All that oil is disappearing into my intake via the great and mighty oil gulping craPure800 that had the issue since day 1 😂.

Glad to report our factory PCV system is pretty darn good, not so glad to report that pure800 is not a great upgrade option as tempting as they are. I even vented to through an actively cooled condenser to atmosphere to ensure neither PCV or CCV are pumping oil into the intake and still found puddles of oil everytime I opened the intake and CP.
So you suspect that the reason you're running into oil consumption problems is because of your turbo upgrade?

Nytrajin

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger GT, GR Supra
So you suspect that the reason you're running into oil consumption problems is because of your turbo upgrade?
I've isolated it down to turbo, I've vented everything to atmosphere and still had oil which points to the turbo being faulty. Quick search on here showed many people having issues with the turbos. I was out of warranty period by the time I had narrowed it down to the turbo core being the issue. Troubleshooting these issues isn't exactly easy, there physically has to be time and mileage spent between each pcv configuration to see how much oil was building up in the intake.
Sponsored