Catch can options

5teeb

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FD RX7 and A90 Supra
Looking to see what everyone is running as far as catch can setups.. I have a Pure800 and have noticed oil blowby on my chargepipe.. after cleaning it and some spirited driving, I tend to see a little more reappear. I was looking at the Radium dual catch can setup and was curious if anyone had any experience with this setup or if you recommend another brand that is a little easier on the wallet?
20220410_152208 (2).jpg
Sponsored

SooopraSD

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2005 Titan, 1993 Civic, 2003 CBR600RR
Looking to see what everyone is running as far as catch can setups.. I have a Pure800 and have noticed oil blowby on my chargepipe.. after cleaning it and some spirited driving, I tend to see a little more reappear. I was looking at the Radium dual catch can setup and was curious if anyone had any experience with this setup or if you recommend another brand that is a little easier on the wallet?
20220410_152208 (2).jpg
Off topic. Those CCW’s?

OP
OP
5teeb

5teeb

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FD RX7 and A90 Supra
Yes they are, took me months to find some new lips but they will finally be on the car soon.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
20220410_152208 (2).jpg
From what I've heard, the Verus with the optional hoses for both sides is the "best." I've also heard that catch cans are worthless on this motor and that they work fine. So...

If I end up with one, it'll be Verus. Jury is still out for me.

OP
OP
5teeb

5teeb

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FD RX7 and A90 Supra
From what I've heard, the Verus with the optional hoses for both sides is the "best." I've also heard that catch cans are worthless on this motor and that they work fine. So...

If I end up with one, it'll be Verus. Jury is still out for me.
Yeah, i've seen so many posts of people claiming CCs are useless on our motors but I just don't like seeing signs of blow by.. I wasn't aware Verus sold their own CC but i'll def look into that, thanks!

Reactions: zrk

frankenm

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
I have the radium cans on now and have now for few track sessions

i installed them when I bought the car as preventative, blow-by is a huge issue with my s63 bmw engine and I use radium cans on them with great success

so far the dipstick is empty after 3k miles and 3 track sessions see how it goes after a season

OP
OP
5teeb

5teeb

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FD RX7 and A90 Supra
I have the radium cans on now and have now for few track sessions

i installed them when I bought the car as preventative, blow-by is a huge issue with my s63 bmw engine and I use radium cans on them with great success

so far the dipstick is empty after 3k miles and 3 track sessions see how it goes after a season
Are still running the stock turbo? I know most people who are running the stock turbo and a catch can report that the catch can is always empty lol but I'm running a Pure800 and the blowby is visually noticeable on my chargepipe.

JoeDaMechanic

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 1993 Mazda RX7
2021 no oil consumption before. Added the Pure 850 and it drank oil and had a good amount of smoke. The verus aos with drain back and vargas oil cap breather together made it livable. After hard driving for a while it will still need to be topped off. Just my personal experience thus far.

frankenm

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
Are still running the stock turbo? I know most people who are running the stock turbo and a catch can report that the catch can is always empty lol but I'm running a Pure800 and the blowby is visually noticeable on my chargepipe.
Yes only stock turbo for now but I had enough residue in my chargepipe and intake when I bought the car stock that it was one of the first things I did - car had 6k miles on it when I purchased it

I will take them out and actually check what is inside to see what if anything has collected so far if anything, only get oil consumption after a track weekend

Usually run the car with JB4 at 20psi on the track

OP
OP
5teeb

5teeb

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FD RX7 and A90 Supra
2021 no oil consumption before. Added the Pure 850 and it drank oil and had a good amount of smoke. The verus aos with drain back and vargas oil cap breather together made it livable. After hard driving for a while it will still need to be topped off. Just my personal experience thus far.
Thankfully i've never had the oil consumption issue.. and that's after many runs in Mexico.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
They should call them catch can’t.

..Okay sounded more funny in my head.. :crazy:

Nytrajin

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger GT, GR Supra
This is a turbo issue, I'm running a pure800 and I've been working on eliminating all sources of oil build up in the intake for the past year, I've found a way to vent everything to atmosphere since Dec 21, here I am still getting puddles of oil in my intake in April 22 lol. It's the turbo for sure, when I started digging deeper it seems to be an alarmingly common issue with the pure upgrades across several BMWs, not just these confused beemers.