Catless downpipe smell

Ash1212

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK5 Supra
Hey guys. I had a catless downpipe last year but I took it off because I couldn’t handle the smell. Does the smell go away after a tune and some driving? Also do catted downpipes smell as bad? Let me know thanks!
Sponsored

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
Hey guys. I had a catless downpipe last year but I took it off because I couldn’t handle the smell. Does the smell go away after a tune and some driving? Also do catted downpipes smell as bad? Let me know thanks!
The catalyst is getting rid of that smell. I don’t want to belch that stuff out so I’ve always gone catted and will do so on the Supra. If it was a track only car, would be different.

Down167

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I had an AFE catted downpipe and the smell was non existent. Currently running an AMS catless, tuned, and the smell is still bad. A tune won't fix that unfortunately.

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
my catted dp still has a smell so i guess it depends on the brand catted DP.

Also i'd consider tuning on e50. I've noticed the ethanol smell is a little better than a pump gas tune.

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
I guess the love or hate for the smell of a catless vehicle is subjective. My bike is catless and I love the smell. No a tune will not make the smell go away.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
A tune won't help with the smell, But like the other people said, it just depends if you can handle the smell or not, I haven't had issues with past cars, so I will see how it is once I install my Catless downpipe.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Clearly here is a whole generation that did not grow up riding in the back of a pick up truck or station wagon rear jump seat with the back glass rolled down! There was a whole auto-age before cats!

angrytoddler

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red LE Supra MKV, Toyota FJ Cruiser, Ford Explorer Sport
I have the Powerneedy Catted DP - The first one I had didn't smell quite as much but it threw CEL lights. They replaced it with a new design and I noticed right away a different smell which I kinda like. Not sure how to describe it - maybe sweet sorta or rich. That was without a tune - and with a tune it is maybe a tiny bit stronger. But as I said - I like it - Notice it with the windows down or when walking around outside the car.

OP
OP
Ash1212

Ash1212

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK5 Supra
Clearly here is a whole generation that did not grow up riding in the back of a pick up truck or station wagon rear jump seat with the back glass rolled down! There was a whole auto-age before cats!
Lol I’ve had a lot of concussions from boxing and some of the smallest Scents give me a headache. I used to love the smell but now I can’t stand it

VelgenWheels

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Audi RS6 2021 Dodge Ram TRX
If youre going Catless DPs on any car youre gonna have smell not much to do about it. You could try getting catted DPs if you can't take the smell.

Blaque Diamond Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MkV
Unfortunately, even tuning won't take out the smell unless you got a Catted DP or a post DP cat at least because its purpose is to really take out that smell. Unfortunately (or fortunately to some) it wouldn't sound as loud

***Mention You Are From The Forum For The Best Deals***
Check Out The*All NEW BD-F25

Phone: (818) 362-2300
E-Mail: [email protected]

Click here and visit our pages
IG: @BDWheels
FB:
/BlaqueDiamondWheels
Sponsored