Catted or Cattless for the Sp1-R exhaust

rayrl

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0 premium
Hey guys so I have a 21 3.0 I wanted to make it a little louder and get around 450 I live in seattle and it rains hella so don’t really wanna go any higher until I move from this place. So with that being said I wanted to get the Sp1R exhaust because I love how big it is and I feel like it makes the car look a lot meaner from the back. I was never really into the dual setups all these new cars come with lol I was going to pair it with the AA catted dp but was wondering if I should go cattless instead? And would a tune remove the cel it throws? Does anybody run this setup?
Sponsored

OP
OP
rayrl

rayrl

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0 premium
I’m also running mst with turbo inlet

Phantomx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
Catless will throw a code. Some claim they have ways around it without a tune to suppress the code but from what I have read there is moderate success with that, so 50/50 you get or don‘t get a code. We tried 4 of them here and nothing worked.

An ECU tune can suppress the CEL but I don’t think the 21’s are unlocked yet so that leaves a piggy back like JB4 for tuning. They will not suppress CEL they removed that option in the US unfortunately.

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I have AA catted and I would definitely recommend it. No CEL, no gas smell, deeper than a raspy catless but not overly loud. To me that is better than catless even though its more expensive and if you do eventually tune, the catless will be less restrictive. Between catted and catless I think the catted would pair nicer with SP1-R considering how hardcore it is. I'll most likely be ordering an SP1-R in the near future myself

OP
OP
rayrl

rayrl

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0 premium
I’m also running mst with turbo inlet
Nice but I’ve been noticing some lag when taking off sometimes have you?

OP
OP
rayrl

rayrl

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0 premium
I have AA catted and I would definitely recommend it. No CEL, no gas smell, deeper than a raspy catless but not overly loud. To me that is better than catless even though its more expensive and if you do eventually tune, the catless will be less restrictive. Between catted and catless I think the catted would pair nicer with SP1-R considering how hardcore it is. I'll most likely be ordering an SP1-R in the near future myself
Thanks for the reply! I’ll definitely be going catted just wanted some other peoples input I’m just hoping everything just bolts right on and the catted AA bolts straight onto the exhaust

OP
OP
rayrl

rayrl

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0 premium
Catless will throw a code. Some claim they have ways around it without a tune to suppress the code but from what I have read there is moderate success with that, so 50/50 you get or don‘t get a code. We tried 4 of them here and nothing worked.

An ECU tune can suppress the CEL but I don’t think the 21’s are unlocked yet so that leaves a piggy back like JB4 for tuning. They will not suppress CEL they removed that option in the US unfortunately.
I checked my ecu and the date is before that date that makes it not tunable so I guess I’m just one of the lucky few lol

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Thanks for the reply! I’ll definitely be going catted just wanted some other peoples input I’m just hoping everything just bolts right on and the catted AA bolts straight onto the exhaust
I’m sure it will since AA makes quality stuff and mine bolts right up to my oem catback, so it stands to reason the dimensions and sizing is all consistent. Even if it didn’t a shop could fab it up to fit.

my only concern is drone on the SP1-R, i know some people have done a J pipe to kill drone on their cars (not Supras) but other cars that have drone

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I checked my ecu and the date is before that date that makes it not tunable so I guess I’m just one of the lucky few lol
Can always do the old electrical tape over the CEL trick lol

OP
OP
rayrl

rayrl

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0 premium
Can always do the old electrical tape over the CEL trick lol
Lol I could but I just said hell with it and made the jump just bought the AA catted and Sp1R exhaust🥴

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Lol I could but I just said hell with it and made the jump just bought the AA catted and Sp1R exhaust🥴
Yolo! Let us know how the sound is once you get installed!

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
Go catless of the rip. I went AMS catted at first and then went catless both paired to an aftermarket exhaust. I wayyy prefer catless due to cost, added volume, and just a hair more performance compared to catted due to no restriction at all. Catted DP really doesn't rlly change sound that much in my experience and if your exhaust choice is an SP1-R you're someone that wants a rowdy exhaust so why keep the cat at that point

wpy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra MKV

no CEL with kenji catless dp (1k miles so far)

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
You live in Seattle or around Seattle? I’m close, I’ve seen a few around…

Coqui

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Evo X
I run AA catted w my sp1r and sounds amazing
Sponsored