Catted vs. Uncatted Downpipe

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
65 GTO, 69 Corvette, 65 Corvette 427, 23 Corvette
I wouldn't say loud but significantly louder than stock. I love how it sounds but wouldn't want it any louder.
Sponsored

Shay

First Name
Shay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium White
I installed a Function Werk catless DP. The DP had a CEL fowler built in and no CELs in 1500 miles.
Catless is louder but not overly loud. I don't see how you are going to here the turbo better with a louder exhaust.

Lendo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium (sold)
Until before/after dyno sheets are posted I'm skeptical there is a big difference.

OP
OP
underdonk

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Until before/after dyno sheets are posted I'm skeptical there is a big difference.
I now have an AA catted and an aFe uncatted sitting in my office. AA is going on the car now due to a terrible design flaw in the aFe (which they have since stopped making - let me know if you want me to post pics). Until there are some dyno numbers out there for the different versions from different vendors, I think anything aftermarket in terms of downpipes if going to get you "dem good gainz."

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
My biggest reason for going catted was to not have that unburned fuel smell at startup. It’s horrible if you startup inside a garage or sitting at stop lights!

-RJM

OP
OP
underdonk

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
My biggest reason for going catted was to not have that unburned fuel smell at startup. It’s horrible if you startup inside a garage or sitting at stop lights!

-RJM
It is strong! Funny, though, I actually like the smell. I'll run the AA catted until they break the '21 ECUs then buy a high-quality uncatted downpipe to run and tune out the CEL. I'd run this aFe uncatted I have but they made some mistakes with this thing... and they want me to pay for shipping to return it! :mad:
Sponsored