Ceramic Brake pads

Musicmovesme

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV
I will admit I've scoured pretty good but can't seem to find the answer to my questions about the swap. I believe the stock units have vibration pads but the videos I've watched people either aren't putting new ones back in or maybe the replacement units don't need them????? not sure. Does anyone know the answer? I ordered the Power stop Z16 front and rear. Hoping someone here can help me out. Thanks
Sponsored

peppersam740

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Jag F-type,, 2020 Toyota Supra
I will admit I've scoured pretty good but can't seem to find the answer to my questions about the swap. I believe the stock units have vibration pads but the videos I've watched people either aren't putting new ones back in or maybe the replacement units don't need them????? not sure. Does anyone know the answer? I ordered the Power stop Z16 front and rear. Hoping someone here can help me out. Thanks
After I bought mine I installed ceramic pads. Not hard to do.

kyippee

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2022 M235
Those vibration weights aren’t needed. Luxurious though. Seems like they wanted to reduce vibration. Downside is that they add unnecessary weight.

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
They're not necessary, but carbon ceramic pads from EBC (e.g. Redstuff) do have them. I'm running EBC Redstuff in front and Power Stop Z23 in rear.

Ground Beef

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Infiniti Q50S Hybrid
After I bought mine I installed ceramic pads. Not hard to do.
Did you install them yourself? I went to remove the front pads and evidently they're glued to the caliper? How did you get the loose? Will try again this week. Thanks.

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
Did you install them yourself? I went to remove the front pads and evidently they're glued to the caliper? How did you get the loose? Will try again this week. Thanks.
Just use a prybar. :) Stick it behind the pad and pry, and eventually you'll hear a gentle pop, and it'll be free.

Ground Beef

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Infiniti Q50S Hybrid
The thought of applying any force against the beautifully painted calipers stresses me out! LOL.

I'll tape the crap out of it to prevent scratching.

RRF985

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 BMW M550i, 2020 Supra Premium, 2015 991.1
Gently pried with large screwdriver.
Same here. That was the best I could come up with. I did find it funny the service manual says specifically to not use a screwdriver. ?

OP
OP
Musicmovesme

Musicmovesme

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV
Porsche glues theirs as well. I used a putty knife to get it started then they came off pretty easy. Thanks for answering about the vibration pads thats good to know. Will probably knock this out this weekend.

Hexel

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
EBC red stuff pads- do you have a part number and an USA supplier?
Sponsored