Change headlight setting to ‘off’ as default?

Chief_N

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra, '20 Civic Si
I park my car in the garage and every time I start the car or pull it in to park, my headlights turn on. I usually remember to turn the lights from Auto to Off before pulling in to park, but I am wondering if there is a way to make the default setting for the headlights ‘Off’ and not ‘Auto’? I didn’t see anything in the bimmercode, but maybe I missed it.
Sponsored

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base
That happens to me all the time as well while i do park mine in the garage too but the head lights will turn off automatically once you pull out of the garage (if ambient light is bright enough). Are you just trying to save your lights from "excessive" wear and tear?

I'm sure you can turn that feature off through that bimmercode thingy. That can lock and unlock a slew of features. I may want to use it to turn off the auto on/off for the engine when stopped.

OP
OP
Chief_N

Chief_N

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra, '20 Civic Si
That happens to me all the time as well while i do park mine in the garage too but the head lights will turn off automatically once you pull out of the garage (if ambient light is bright enough). Are you just trying to save your lights from "excessive" wear and tear?

I'm sure you can turn that feature off through that bimmercode thingy. That can lock and unlock a slew of features. I may want to use it to turn off the auto on/off for the engine when stopped.
Yup, just trying to save the lights a little wear....

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
OP
OP
Chief_N

Chief_N

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra, '20 Civic Si
Yeah
https://www.supramkv.com/threads/bimmercode-user-guide.6429/

Take a look there, you may have to do that download the app and a connector but i'm sure you'll find what you need in there!
didn’t see
https://www.supramkv.com/threads/turning-off-headlights-while-driving-bimmercode.7439/

not the same thing, but if a solution exists in Bimmercode or elsewhere, maybe what you're trying to accomplish may be there as well.

no solution in the thread, but reach out to OP if he has found one..
Thanks. Will see what he wad able to find.
Sponsored