Charge pipe seated correctly?

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
I have some concerns regarding the OEM charge pipe. I reinstalled it and it seems to be solidly connected. But from under the car part of the flange is showing. I do not know if this is normal. No matter how much I pull on it I cannot get it to plug in further.

Can anyone verify if this is ok or if there is an issue?

chargepipe.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Natek

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
I pulled everything apart again and reseated the charge pipe. This time i heard the audible click and can confirm it does sit as pictured. i installed the mishi catch can when the ftp charge pipe was on so it was a little too far to the right when installing the wider stock charge pipe preventing the charge pipe from easily connecting.

i am reverting back to the stock pipe because i do not think the oil issue is going to be prevented. That being said, as was mentioned in previous threads, there may be some oil catching properties of the stock pipe. The texture and the drain holes in the pipe may be better protection than the ftp.

AlRayes_BRN

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra A90
I pulled everything apart again and reseated the charge pipe. This time i heard the audible click and can confirm it does sit as pictured. i installed the mishi catch can when the ftp charge pipe was on so it was a little too far to the right when installing the wider stock charge pipe preventing the charge pipe from easily connecting.

i am reverting back to the stock pipe because i do not think the oil issue is going to be prevented. That being said, as was mentioned in previous threads, there may be some oil catching properties of the stock pipe. The texture and the drain holes in the pipe may be better protection than the ftp.
Are you sure about this? I'm pretty sure some people did see oil in the OEM charge pipe as well

OP
OP
Natek

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
There is no place i said “you wont get oil”

OP
OP
Natek

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
As someone suggested in a different thread, i suspect too that the texture inside the oem charge pipe aids in knocking the oil out of the air and accumulate within the pipe. Also there are two connection points instead of four with the aftermarket charge pipes Meaning two places the oil can escape instead of four. I found the center connection a place where oil was coming out despite clamping it very tight.

the connection points on the oem pipe are also way more substantial than the aftermarket.

i think it was worthwhile to change back. That being said, if someone wants a scratched, slightly dented red ftp pipe on the cheap, like $110 let me know ;)
Sponsored