Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Tungsten Supra 3.0 Premium
Guess one question is when I need to hot the dealer can i swap my original ecu in and they cant see I've tuned the car at all? Should we do the recall first? @DaBears definitely a solid move man we appreciate you.
What zrk said is correct you will get your factory original ECU back that you can use for dealer visits /recalls but note your new ecu wont have that recall so if its something you want done youll need it done on the tunable ecu and will have to get that one bench unlocked like everyone else to reflash it. That process is simple though wont have to go to us and you may likely have someone local that can do it for you.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jesse DaBears

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You guys are amazing! Glad we were able to bring this to you guys at a reasonable price. Your support means everything to us!

Down to the last spot on the next batch of ecus coming in. After this last one is allocated we will have to hold off on taking deposits.

We will open it back up once we get through some of these and confirm the next batch of ecu delivery date and amount we are getting. You can still PM me that you are interested in that next batch so I can keep track of them in the order they came in.

OP
OP
Jesse DaBears

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Last spot has been taken! I'll update you guys when we can open it back up. Shoukd be soon.

In the mean time any questions let me know! Feel free to still PM me if you are interested and I'll keep a list of names in the order they come in.

Dav88

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
I have a few question regarding this procedure. Hopefully you would be able to provide some answers and help clarify somethings. Thank you very much for your time and dedication.

1. do I have to send anything else to You other than the dme. For example like Bdc module for the car or any other components.

2. Does this unlock only work for the Supra? Can this serviced also be applied to other bmw vehicles? I do have some friends that have newer model bmws and are looking for unlocks for their dme as well.

3. is there anything I should be on the look out for once the tuneable dme is received?

4. Once the tuneable ecu is receive is it just plug and play and the car will start as if the car had the locked OEM ecu? Will I have to do anything else other than getting the unlocked ecu connected?

OP
OP
Jesse DaBears

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hey @Dav88 sure thing. I'm going to post your questions and respond under them:

1. do I have to send anything else to You other than the dme. For example like Bdc module for the car or any other components.

No. You will just need to send your ECU.

2. Does this unlock only work for the Supra? Can this serviced also be applied to other bmw vehicles? I do have some friends that have newer model bmws and are looking for unlocks for their dme as well.

Yes this process will work for BMWs aswell. At this time we are only focused on the Supra market, but will eventually help them out aswell. Supras First! Lol

3. is there anything I should be on the look out for once the tuneable dme is received?

Not really. We will have everything packaged appropriately and labeled clearly for you. So when you receive them it's easy for you.

4. Once the tuneable ecu is receive is it just plug and play and the car will start as if the car had the locked OEM ecu? Will I have to do anything else other than getting the unlocked ecu connected?

Correct! The ecu will be programed to your car so both will be able to operate the car. One will be tunable and one will be your stock ECU.

As far anything else you will need to do will depend on your tuning software of choice but you can get with your tuner on that. Example is ecutek will need to be bflashed with the ecutek license.

Chgu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2013 FR-S
So here's a question. Normally, if you disconnect the ECU from power, your emissions readiness codes are reset, and the ECS has to relearn some things. Putting the locked ECU back in before service sounds great and all, but would that draw any suspicion?

OP
OP
Jesse DaBears

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So here's a question. Normally, if you disconnect the ECU from power, your emissions readiness codes are reset, and the ECS has to relearn some things. Putting the locked ECU back in before service sounds great and all, but would that draw any suspicion?
you would just need to drive it around for a little bit. I would never suggest trying to do a warranty fraud. So that's not what the purpose of a spare ecu is for.

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
you would just need to drive it around for a little bit. I would never suggest trying to do a warranty fraud. So that's not what the purpose of a spare ecu is for.
I agree.

There is no purpose for the original ECU after having it cloned other than to use for a centerpiece or as a backup to get the car moving in case of ECU failure.

I personally would never revert back to it. With the amount of modifications I'll have on the car, I'd be terrified to put it back in.

If a person is modifying their car, the only warranties they should be concerned with are the ones that come with the new parts they have installed in the car.

Tampering with a product from any industry usually voids the warranty. It's kind of disingenuous to try and hold a company responsible when the product is no longer under in its original specifications.

I'm not a corporate apologist by any means. But, the act of warranty fraud also carries over to smaller, independent companies as well. That's what I'm more concerned with.

Best thing for an enthusiast to do is to make peace with not having a manufacturer's warranty if they are going to tinker with a product. If keeping a warranty is that important to an individual, then don't modify the car outside of aesthetic bits.

Last edited:

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Turbulence, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
If someone is paying this kind of money to get their Supra tuned they likely have a lot of supporting mods like downpipe, chargepipe, some will have upgraded turbo, intake, meth, etc, etc. Regardless of ECU your powertrain warranty is bye bye anyway.

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition, Lotus Elise SC, (x2)Honda S2000

To add to this, I know some manufacturers (not sure about our cars though) have mileage readings in Both the cluster and ECU. So as soon as you put a mile on the new ECU your cluster and original ECU won't have correct mileage and that will be a dead giveaway in terms of warranty support. I would go into this under the assumption that simply throwing the original ECU back in won't trick a dealership.

OP
OP
Jesse DaBears

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
To add to this, I know some manufacturers (not sure about our cars though) have mileage readings in Both the cluster and ECU. So as soon as you put a mile on the new ECU your cluster and original ECU won't have correct mileage and that will be a dead giveaway in terms of warranty support. I would go into this under the assumption that simply throwing the original ECU back in won't trick a dealership.
100% correct. I would not try and get over on a dealership while you may get it to slide through its wrong and just if you get caught its not worth it.

Camus

First Name
Daniel.
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra , 2021 M4 Base.
100% correct. I would not try and get over on a dealership while you may get it to slide through its wrong and just if you get caught its not worth it.
Hi, sorry to ask again, but you will be offering the same service for the G80 and G82 (M3/M4) ?

OP
OP
Jesse DaBears

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hi, sorry to ask again, but you will be offering the same service for the G80 and G82 (M3/M4) ?
We want to focus on the supras First. I'm not saying Yes or No right now but we want to ensure this community is taken care of.

GreyMadder

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten A90 Premium, 08 Tundra, 04 GX470
The cluster will read the correct car milage however right? Sorry for the continued questions.