Coding - Eco mode

BG500

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Supra
Cool, will probably code it in and use it in the winter when the car struggles with grip anyway (was running Normal mode all the time last winter, in the summer only Sport :)).
Any idea why it doesn't allow you to switch back to ECO using the button? I mean Sport + is available using the button so any other setting should be as well?
Sponsored

JP_

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra Jarama Racetrack Edition
One thing you do get with eco mode is "sailing" where the clutch gets disconnected and the car coasts at highway speed where it can, which may eke out a couple more mpg. But overall you can get good mileage in normal mode on cruise I've found, and that's the only time I personally care about it, long journeys

OP
OP
rotary heart

rotary heart

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A91 Edition, 2004 IS 300
Cool, will probably code it in and use it in the winter when the car struggles with grip anyway (was running Normal mode all the time last winter, in the summer only Sport :)).
Any idea why it doesn't allow you to switch back to ECO using the button? I mean Sport + is available using the button so any other setting should be as well?
Yeah, I haven't found a way to make it appear as an option. So when you press the button all you see is normal, comfort (can't recall how it is displayed), sport, sport plus.

Maybe there's an additional step missing to make it appear there.
One thing you do get with eco mode is "sailing" where the clutch gets disconnected and the car coasts at highway speed where it can, which may eke out a couple more mpg. But overall you can get good mileage in normal mode on cruise I've found, and that's the only time I personally care about it, long journeys
That is probably the best option that it includes, but I love to see the tips and mpg that it has gained me.

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I do trips to SoCal often, i enjoy having as much MGP as possible. I know everyone is in the smiles per gallon, if you need to worry about mpg you cant afford it camp... No more so then in my Coyote groups when i had the mustang, i was so proud of my 10.5 MPG on e85 city and 19 highway along with all the others, just to be bussed by a Supra. I really dont know any one that would be like i can get 40mpg in a eco mode for road trips and say nah, im too cool for that. If its possible thats great. I wouldnt use it for my daily driving. just road trips. i can see others wanting it for commuting if they needed to, my last job was 68 miles each way. I just wished there was a way to add it to the menu with the sport + and sport modes to cycle through..

Reactions: zrk

Elektro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
17 i3 94ah, 22 Supra 2.0
Very interesting.. but why?
I tried eco mode on my i3 for the first time (did not need coding). I didn't think it would make much difference because there is no engine or trans to tune.

-> It change the pedal mapping so it is easier to drive smooth. Nice for passengers.
->Allows some more +/- on the cabin temperature.
->Limits top speed to 75 mph.

I like using it just for the pedal map. Can still have full power if you floor it.

Not sure if it is worth it on supra, his pedal doesn't feel as jumpy imo. If it smooths out trans I may try it (especially my 3->2 downshift feels hard at low speeds when coasting down without brake)

So does eco mode smooth out the trans?

Reactions: zrk
OP
OP
rotary heart

rotary heart

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A91 Edition, 2004 IS 300
I tried eco mode on my i3 for the first time (did not need coding). I didn't think it would make much difference because there is no engine or trans to tune.

-> It change the pedal mapping so it is easier to drive smooth. Nice for passengers.
->Allows some more +/- on the cabin temperature.
->Limits top speed to 75 mph.

I like using it just for the pedal map. Can still have full power if you floor it.

Not sure if it is worth it on supra, his pedal doesn't feel as jumpy imo. If it smooths out trans I may try it (especially my 3->2 downshift feels hard at low speeds when coasting down without brake)

So does eco mode smooth out the trans?
  • It definitely changes the pedal mapping, as you said, way smoother to accelerate.
  • Same for the cabin temp (as long as you have it checked on the settings, the video in OP shows the settings screen)
  • Main difference is that here it doesn't limit the top speed, it pops a tip when you are passed the top speed.
As for the transmission that's a hard one to know, since when I used that mode I was mostly in heavy traffic and never gave much attention to how it is downshifting, but it definitely tends to leave it at gear instead of downshifting. I cannot test it since I'm flying back to Texas and I'll not be near the car for a while.

corye

First Name
Corye
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra
Wish there was a way to enable this mode without needing it to be set to the default driving profile.
Sponsored