xHumble_MKV

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Hello people.
I was hoping to gain some feedback and advise from everyone.
I currently have the 2.0 Supra, I am in the market to start improving the handling in the vehicle. I was curious on if the springs or suspension component that is for the 3.0 will fit the 2.0?
I know the spring rate will be different, however I was interesting in getting some sway bars. Endlinks and etc. from SPL and looking into getting the HKS hipermax springs. I was told the HKS will not fit the 20pct. Is that true? If so. Which other compatible springs will work?
Any help will be greatly appreciated
Sponsored

OP
OP

xHumble_MKV

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
I haven’t but I actually bite the bullet and order some MSS springs for now since they work with the 2.0

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I haven’t but I actually bite the bullet and order some MSS springs for now since they work with the 2.0
Lots of combinations and choices, you can‘t go wrong. @Meraki Autoworks would be a stellar choice for advice, what a company has, what you want to do, etc. They are on the forum, people love them.

Damn I love this platform. So many choice it’s redonkululous! I started with lowering springs and now have coilovers. I should have talked to someone 1st. Springs weren’t the best application for what I wanted to do 🙃

OP
OP

xHumble_MKV

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Lots of combinations and choices, you can‘t go wrong. @Meraki Autoworks would be a stellar choice for advice, what a company has, what you want to do, etc. They are on the forum, people love them.

Damn I love this platform. So many choice it’s redonkululous! I started with lowering springs and now have coilovers. I should have talked to someone 1st. Springs weren’t the best application for what I wanted to do 🙃
Thank you! I’ll definitely talk to them. I wasn’t planning on doing much of as in tracking or so. So I decide to get the MSS spring lol. the only thing I have currently is JB4. FTP charge pipe. Active autowerke catted down pipe and takada air intake lol. Now I gotta figure out why my check engine light came on when I change my map to map 2 😅

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thank you! I’ll definitely talk to them. I wasn’t planning on doing much of as in tracking or so. So I decide to get the MSS spring lol. the only thing I have currently is JB4. FTP charge pipe. Active autowerke catted down pipe and takada air intake lol. Now I gotta figure out why my check engine light came on when I change my map to map 2 😅
Track her for sure to really appreciate what your car can do. Even if only one time.

If interested in getting the most out of your JB4. Consider @Jesse DaBears . He did a fantastic job with mine.

OP
OP

xHumble_MKV

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Track her for sure to really appreciate what your car can do. Even if only one time.

If interested in getting the most out of your JB4. Consider @Jesse DaBears . He did a fantastic job with mine.
I do agree with you about tracking her. Lol. Maybe one day, and yes I will. Thank you just wanted to save some money before reaching out to Jesse about a custom tune

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I do agree with you about tracking her. Lol. Maybe one day, and yes I will. Thank you just wanted to save some money before reaching out to Jesse about a custom tune
the light will come on from time to time. Jesse would be a better person to answer the question of why. Mine is simple. She gets hot. I’m full throttle for long periods of time. I can’t get away with massive amounts of boost running on 93 octane. And I’m okay with that because I track. I need torque coming out of apexes. She’s got plenty of that w/out the JB4. My biggest gains were from a catless dp matched with a free flowing exhaust. They say the exhaust is just for sound. Which is fine by me.

If you’re in town and just mashing the pedal a few times, that shouldn’t happen on map2. You’d think. Check with the company you bought your parts from. See what they know about your setup.
So many options for this car, situations vary.

Glad you’re enjoying her. My CEL stays on and I absolutely love this car. She does what I want. Tracks reliably and quickly 🏎 💹

AndyK5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nitro Yellow MT
Hello people.
I was hoping to gain some feedback and advise from everyone.
I currently have the 2.0 Supra, I am in the market to start improving the handling in the vehicle. I was curious on if the springs or suspension component that is for the 3.0 will fit the 2.0?
I know the spring rate will be different, however I was interesting in getting some sway bars. Endlinks and etc. from SPL and looking into getting the HKS hipermax springs. I was told the HKS will not fit the 20pct. Is that true? If so. Which other compatible springs will work?
Any help will be greatly appreciated
You said you want to improve the handling of the car. This can be done two ways.

1-Blindly installing parts to the car because others/vendors said so

2-You figure out what you need.

I am in the camp for number 2 and to be able to do that you either need to go way beyond speed and road limits of a canyon which would require a lot of skill and lack of concern for others, or go to an autox/track day event.

Once you take the car to its or most likely to your own limit, you will start to understand what you want to upgrade first. It might be spring stiffness if the car is diving/rolling too much, it could be camber if the tires are not wearing well etc etc
 But even then that improvement would mostly improve that symptom under autox/racetrack conditions and maybe make it worse for pot hole and patch filled canyon driving.

In the end if you want to do it right it gets pretty complicated, which is why most people go with option 1 and just throw parts in their cars and get happy with the placebo affect of the billet cut rear toe link adjusters over performing the oem ones in stop and go traffic.

OP
OP

xHumble_MKV

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
You said you want to improve the handling of the car. This can be done two ways.

1-Blindly installing parts to the car because others/vendors said so

2-You figure out what you need.

I am in the camp for number 2 and to be able to do that you either need to go way beyond speed and road limits of a canyon which would require a lot of skill and lack of concern for others, or go to an autox/track day event.

Once you take the car to its or most likely to your own limit, you will start to understand what you want to upgrade first. It might be spring stiffness if the car is diving/rolling too much, it could be camber if the tires are not wearing well etc etc
 But even then that improvement would mostly improve that symptom under autox/racetrack conditions and maybe make it worse for pot hole and patch filled canyon driving.

In the end if you want to do it right it gets pretty complicated, which is why most people go with option 1 and just throw parts in their cars and get happy with the placebo affect of the billet cut rear toe link adjusters over performing the oem ones in stop and go traffic.
Thanks for the advice!
I agree with you. And also the other post from the other person as well.
I run the canyons pretty hard. I’m considering what you guys are saying about the track so I might do that in the future lol as of right now I did purchase MSS springs for the car.Once that is installed I will probably go with some friends to the track and see how it goes
Sponsored