mattieewhooo

First Name
Mattie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra
Hello again,

Within the last year, I've had to replacement one taillight on my 2020 Supra, due to mass condensation inside the housing. Thankfully that was under warranty ..

But now that my warranty is up, I've noticed condensation within the LED turn signal on my passenger side mirror.

Obviously I'll now have to replace the LED turn signals with aftermarket ..but I wanted to ask, is condensation within these vehicles, fairly common?

This car is stored now, over the winter time (in a barn style shed - not heated, but out of the snow, up here in Canada).

20230821_193336.jpg
Sponsored

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
Could potentially be high relative humidity in the shed if it's unheated and uninsulated.

Can I ask is that on both turn signals or just one?

If it's just one and the other is dry, then it would possibly suggest perhaps it might be not very well sealed.

OP
OP
mattieewhooo

mattieewhooo

First Name
Mattie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra
Yeah. It's just the one side. Had this with my one taillight too, with A LOT of condensation in it.

I guess a good excuse to get the smoked sequential turn signals, for my Supra now 💁🏼‍♀️

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
This happens a lot with motorcycle headlights and to some extent instruments. The cause is high humidity during assembly ( remember the lights could be made in a country with a tropical climate not necessarily in Germany) of what is pretty much a sealed unit. The fix is easy enough if you can remove a bulb/s. Remove them or gain access and drain out the water and dry the inside with a hair drier or heat gun on very low heat and re assemble. Fixes it every time. You'd be surprised how effectively some of these headlight/tail ight assemblies are sealed. This could be the same.

Phil

Astral Tune

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
20220820_011529.jpg

You think that's bad. Both my headlights had this issue the week of my warranty expiring. Only happens when driven in the rain. I'll replace them eventually. Still works fine.

dv_platinum

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Happens in my taillights when I was the car sometimes. Then they dry up fine.
Sponsored