Constant Fuse in Front Passenger Area

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 2022
Trying to find a constant fuse to tap into for my A139 Viofo Dashcam.
I know I can plug the ACC fuse into F47, and the ground to the bolt next to the panel, but I don't know what to use for the Constant fuse.

I've searched these forums but can't find what people are using for the front panel.
I ran across the image below (Blue is all constant) but I want to utilize one that is low risk or isn't critical.

I am aware of not recommending hardwiring, but Viofo has a built in feature to stop using battery after certain voltage.

1.jpeg

2.png

3.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

aldwin1999

First Name
Aldwin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0
Hey! Just got a 2023 and I'm in the same boat as you -- what did you end up doing for the BATT, ACC and Ground wire?

I tried plugging the BATT directly to 47 but it didn't work at all.

Awales74

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Mazda 6
I'm no expert but I think you might run into issue with the BMWiness of this car. Based on battery age, the car will try to draw harder for things like ECU and starting the car. Germans gonna German. You might want to reconsider for long life of your car. Instead of this people use a battery that refreshes while the car is operation. The camera shuts off if the secondary battery depletes but the car battery remains fresh and the car is none the wiser.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 2022
I ended up using Fuse 47 for the ACC and using a fuse tap for Fuse F20 for the BATT.
F20 being the power windows. Fuse 47 for BATT won't work since it's intended to be on a source that is always on. Fuse 47 turns off after 6 minutes and is meant for the ACC one.
The ground was just placed under a bolt I found near the fuse panel.

I just set the Viofo camera to shut off at the highest battery setting. Working great so far!

aldwin1999

First Name
Aldwin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0
I ended up using Fuse 47 for the ACC and using a fuse tap for Fuse F20 for the BATT.
F20 being the power windows. Fuse 47 for BATT won't work since it's intended to be on a source that is always on. Fuse 47 turns off after 6 minutes and is meant for the ACC one.

I just set the Viofo camera to shut off at the highest battery setting. Working great so far!
Sweet! Was thinking of the same thing. Couldn't find a concrete answer regarding this so hopefully someone finds this helpful -- I sure did. Thank you!!

aldwin1999

First Name
Aldwin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0

I give up :( I tried 2 new wiring kits but my Vantrue N2S and Vantrue wiring kit doesn't want to work when plugged into the mentioned fuses. Just have it on my cigarette lighter.

Not sure why it doesn't work, have done 4 cars in the past. Camera just doesn't turn on even though the fuses/fuse taps are fine and are in the right places (windows go up and down without a problem)

Which Viofo wiring kit do you have?

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 2022
I used these items...

Fuse Tap Adapter Kit (Mostly cause I didn't know which one I needed)
Viofo Hardwire Kit

I will mention I ran into the same issue that the windows were always working after using the fuse tap thinking I got it right, but then the dashcam wouldn't work. I tried many permutations of the direction of the fuses and eventually got it to work. So may want to check all the different orientations for the fuse tap and the fuse.

It helps to have someone flip the fuses and another at the battery turning it off and on. I'm not sure if you need to disconnect the battery when doing the fuses, but I did anyway to be safe.

aldwin1999

First Name
Aldwin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0
I used these items...

Fuse Tap Adapter Kit (Mostly cause I didn't know which one I needed)
Viofo Hardwire Kit

I will mention I ran into the same issue that the windows were always working after using the fuse tap thinking I got it right, but then the dashcam wouldn't work. I tried many permutations of the direction of the fuses and eventually got it to work. So may want to check all the different orientations for the fuse tap and the fuse.

It helps to have someone flip the fuses and another at the battery turning it off and on. I'm not sure if you need to disconnect the battery when doing the fuses, but I did anyway to be safe.
Oh no way! Sounds good let me just give that a try a bunch... are your wire taps facing towards you (fuse wise) or away from you? I didn't know fuse taps/fuse had orientations that mattered.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 2022
Unfortunately I forget since I was the one turning the battery off/on haha.
You'll have to keep track of which combinations you did for it. But it is definitely the issue.

Han_Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra 2.0 Stratosphere Blue
Oh no way! Sounds good let me just give that a try a bunch... are your wire taps facing towards you (fuse wise) or away from you? I didn't know fuse taps/fuse had orientations that mattered.
Did you ever figure this out? I'm having troubles with my Viofo A129 Pro Duo install. Unsure if it's fuse orientation, bad crimping on the fuse tap, or my ground connection. Have a multimeter on the way but wanted to ask so I can cross one of the possibilities off the list

aldwin1999

First Name
Aldwin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0
Did you ever figure this out? I'm having troubles with my Viofo A129 Pro Duo install. Unsure if it's fuse orientation, bad crimping on the fuse tap, or my ground connection. Have a multimeter on the way but wanted to ask so I can cross one of the possibilities off the list
I actually gave up... something with the 2023 is really weird. Bimmercode doesn't work right + fuse box doesn't like being tapped into... I just use the cigarette lighter but I tucked the wires into the panels like I would if it was hard wired. I don't really notice it. I tried 2 different wiring kits, a bunch of different orientations and no luck. Really weird, I've done so many hardwiring and this car gave me so much trouble.

Han_Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I actually gave up... something with the 2023 is really weird. Bimmercode doesn't work right + fuse box doesn't like being tapped into... I just use the cigarette lighter but I tucked the wires into the panels like I would if it was hard wired. I don't really notice it. I tried 2 different wiring kits, a bunch of different orientations and no luck. Really weird, I've done so many hardwiring and this car gave me so much trouble.
I've got mine up and running.
The problem for me was that since I was tapping into the empty fuse 47, I thought the fuse tap only needed the top slot (3Amp rating for the ACC dashcam wire). However, the fuse tapper doesn't close the circuit unless it has both inserted (something like that?). So I put a 5amp fuse on the bottom slot of the fuse tap with the 3amp on top and it worked.

I've found this video to explain the orientation of the fuse tap and which fuse goes into which slot.

However, I've found that the orientation of the fuse tap (the in-voltage and out-voltage described in the video) doesn't matter for the dashcam since it's power draw is so low.

aldwin1999

First Name
Aldwin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0
I've got mine up and running.
The problem for me was that since I was tapping into the empty fuse 47, I thought the fuse tap only needed the top slot (3Amp rating for the ACC dashcam wire). However, the fuse tapper doesn't close the circuit unless it has both inserted (something like that?). So I put a 5amp fuse on the bottom slot of the fuse tap with the 3amp on top and it worked.

I've found this video to explain the orientation of the fuse tap and which fuse goes into which slot.

However, I've found that the orientation of the fuse tap (the in-voltage and out-voltage described in the video) doesn't matter for the dashcam since it's power draw is so low.
That's so weird I saw other videos where they didn't need another fuse. Will order a new wiring kit and give it another try soon. Thanks!

Han_Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That's so weird I saw other videos where they didn't need another fuse. Will order a new wiring kit and give it another try soon. Thanks!
Yeah of course. I actually didn't think of it until I saw this post
https://www.supramkv.com/threads/da...ms-are-you-guys-using.8210/page-8#post-166047
Which is where user starman says he needed the use two fuses on the fuse tap even though the slot was empty. The fusebox photo in the link is what mine looks like except with another fuse tap on fuse20. The 30amp being on the bottom slot of the tap and the new 3amp for the camera on the top.
My ground point is between the black screw and the washer on the top portion of this photo (photo is from the 2nd link below). I don't think I would recommend the ground point I used to be honest but I couldn't really find another. In the thread below people use the washer highlighted. I couldn't use it cause the spade connector on my ground connection wasn't wide enough to fit the that screw the bolt was on, and that washer is attached to the bolt itself.
https://www.supramkv.com/threads/ground-connection.15113/
Hopefully this will help a noobie such as myself have no troubles with hardwiring. Let me know how it goes for you mate.

Cheers!

1693361818746.png

SooopraSD

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2005 Titan, 1993 Civic, 2003 CBR600RR
Any other options for ACC other than F47 and F53. Currently using F53 for ACC for the FSB for WMI. F47 pretty much sits a little below and to the left of F53. Difficult to squeeze in a tap in to F47 because the wire get in the way.
Sponsored