Cost to repaint front or rear bumpers

Vexeclipse2007

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra (future)
So noticed a ton of rock chips in the paint. Looking to repaint the front bumper and rear bumper. How much would that cost? Debating on this or just wrapping the car. Thanks in advance

ps
White cars suck lol
Sponsored

Boblay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra, F82 M4
So noticed a ton of rock chips in the paint. Looking to repaint the front bumper and rear bumper. How much would that cost? Debating on this or just wrapping the car. Thanks in advance

ps
White cars suck lol
I think I got quoted roughly $550 to paint the front bumper. I’m facing the same problem right now, wondering which route to go. I love the look of the black paint though, so it’s gonna be a tough decision.

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
Bumpers typically run $500 to $800 depending on the shop and paint code.

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra. 2018 Mazda Miata RF. 2020 Range Rover.

ps
White cars suck lol
I have the absolute zero white as well. I went to a bodyshop and talked with the owner about a front bumper re-spray. The guy said their were 19 different variances in the paint. He brought out about 4 match cards and showed me how hard it is to match that particular paint. (The paint code is the same as the BMW's code A96)

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Any good chain bodyshop to paint?
Like, some say dealer, but how many times do they paint things.. They're all mixing paint in the end.
Surely paint brand matters, don't know what or even if a factory paint in Graz would be same as commercially available stuff... I got the BMW A96 paint touchup, even that looked different...

OP
OP

Vexeclipse2007

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra (future)
I have the absolute zero white as well. I went to a bodyshop and talked with the owner about a front bumper re-spray. The guy said their were 19 different variances in the paint. He brought out about 4 match cards and showed me how hard it is to match that particular paint. (The paint code is the same as the BMW's code A96)
Ya man i have touchup paint and man that color is way different than the actual car color.

OP
OP

Vexeclipse2007

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra (future)
So its basically color being off or just repaint whole car ??‍♂ Prob will wrap the car

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So its basically color being off or just repaint whole car ??‍♂ Prob will wrap the car
It will never be a perfect match. I have a few stone chips on my front end as well. I'm going to use touch up paint, and get the whole front end wrapped in PPF film. I was always careful not to tailgate anyone, but I managed to get a few chips in 8000 miles.

OP
OP

Vexeclipse2007

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra (future)
It will never be a perfect match. I have a few stone chips on my front end as well. I'm going to use touch up paint, and get the whole front end wrapped in PPF film. I was always careful not to tailgate anyone, but I managed to get a few chips in 8000 miles.
Have u used touch up paint for the absolute zero before? Its so off man. It bothers me so much…(ocd) lol

BobbyC1221

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
These folks give a 100% color match or return.

https://speedindustry.com/toyota-touch-up-paint-a90-mkv-supra-gr-2020

thinking of picking one up to see if they match. Got a bunch of rock chips on the front bumper. ? might try it out and see if I can get em fixed and PPF the front and the fenders.

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The PPF shop I'm going to is going to do the entire front bumper, hood, front fenders, rocker panels, and the boomerang looking things on the doors for $2000 CDN. He said doing the whole car was overkill. Totally nice of him to give me an honest opinion. Most shops want to sell sell sell.
Sponsored