OP
OP
jgardner150

jgardner150

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Curious, why did you opt out of the spacer? Intake temps are known to actually increase with this cooler when it gets hot without it.
From what I understand its really more of an advantage to drag racing, from CSF:
"Highly recommended for Drag/Roll-Racing Applications where vehicles typically sit in staging lanes in-between racing"

I do more doing road course / autocross. More looking for consistency and ability to recover quickly from rise in IATs from prolonged higher boost. Also wanted the ability to add port injection later on if I feel like it.

This is from a couple years ago, IATs after the first two laps are between 130-170:

Since then I upgraded all the radiators + now the manifold... so hopefully this is less of an issue going forward...

So far from what I see street driving it as long as I'm moving it does a great job, it does rise when sitting, but recovers pretty quick after I get moving. That's probably more caused by me running the MST intake sucking in hot engine compartment air while sitting... Honestly my guess is the benefit that thermal spacer would bring would be marginal.

But more I think about it, maybe that would have "fixed" my clearance issue. :dunno: But I've also seen that using it caused issues where the bolt holes no longer line up with the support brackets. I think the Race X manifold actually has the mounting tabs with slotted bolt holes for this reason...
Sponsored