Cost of intake manifold install?

Uwatm8

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura RDX, CLS63 AMG
What did yall get charged for your intake manifold install? I contacted a local shop and they want 1200.

not sure if that’s good or bad
Sponsored

OP
OP

Uwatm8

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura RDX, CLS63 AMG
That seems like a terrible price. I was charged $500 for my intake manifold install.
I’m got a quote from 2 other shops after, and they all said the same thing, 400/500. Not sure why this particular shop wants to charge 1200 lmao

OP
OP

Uwatm8

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura RDX, CLS63 AMG
If you're a mechanic, it's an hour job. Tops.

30 minutes if you've done one before.
the 1200 dollar shop said it took up to 2 days because they want to make sure all the coolant was drained 💀

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
I could see this being $450, inclusive of getting the car on the lift, fighting with the stupid tight coolant fittings at a weird angle, fighting with the stupid lower radiator coolant fitting that sometimes sticks, relocating evap under the manifold, etc. Plus coolant refill and automated bleeding.

But $1200 is a GFY price.

OP
OP

Uwatm8

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura RDX, CLS63 AMG
I could see this being $450, inclusive of getting the car on the lift, fighting with the stupid tight coolant fittings at a weird angle, fighting with the stupid lower radiator coolant fitting that sometimes sticks, relocating evap under the manifold, etc. Plus coolant refill and automated bleeding.

I figured as much now lol, I’m glad I asked yall before doing anything!

i swear tho, socal is filled with either shady mechanics or just straight up crooks, I haven’t encountered one like decent shop that can get this damn car straight 🫠

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black

Definitely don't need a lift for a manifold, there's nothing to do under the car.

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
Definitely don't need a lift for a manifold, there's nothing to do under the car.
I prefer to drain the exchanger for the manifold through the connector on the bottom driver side. Drains neatly into a bucket with no mess. I guess you could do it on ramps.