What is a reasonable labor cost to install new coil springs on mk5 Supra?

skaletzelt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0
I'm kind of new here and I am calling around shops in San Diego to get a quote for installing new coil springs on my mk5 supra. The quotes I am getting range from $850 to $1250. Is this a good range? What is reasonable? I have the coil springs purchased already. I am just trying to get the labor cost to install them. If anyone can recommend a good shop in San Diego I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
Sponsored

aorizun

First Name
Weerit
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra Premium, '05 S2000, '92 Civic Si
I was quoted $450 and then just installed them myself. It's not too bad.

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
I'm kind of new here and I am calling around shops in San Diego to get a quote for installing new coil springs on my mk5 supra. The quotes I am getting range from $850 to $1250. Is this a good range? What is reasonable? I have the coil springs purchased already. I am just trying to get the labor cost to install them. If anyone can recommend a good shop in San Diego I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
Did you call BeeLine in PB? They installed springs in two cars for me over the years.
San Diego Auto Repair - Beeline Brakes, Alignment & Maintenance

OP
OP
skaletzelt

skaletzelt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0

Janice

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'17 BRZ
RNZ in Miramar does solid work and relatively cheap. They are car people and you can tell they modify cars themselves. For all mods I can no longer do myself, I go to them. Dennis, the owner does really good work and can do almost anything.

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I did. They said they don't install customer supplied parts. Basically they would only do it if I got the spring through them. So that wasn't an option.
That's very odd because they installed three sets of Eibach springs in my cars and my son's car. The original owner's son was the person who I dealt with.

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
$800-$1200 is pretty reasonable, considering the car needs an alignment afterwards. Fronts are pretty easy, rears can be an ass. I figure about 4hrs shop time * $150 + alignment puts you in the $900ish range.

Vertex

First Name
Vertex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium Supra Matte Storm Gray
Just wanted to chime in for people here to let them know and obviously every shop will vary (I do work in a dealership, not toyota) book time it shows for front coil springs is 4.8 to do both and rears are 2 hours plus an alignment. If we were doing it at my shop which is fairly close to 150/hr you can do the math. We charge $120 flat fee for alignments though.

I based those labor times off my 22 that I looked up which shouldn't be any different between the mk5's in general.