• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE APRIL 19, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER April 19, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Custom exhaust drone

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra / 2019 Y61 Nissan Patrol
Sooooooo, I got a new custom exhaust sounds a bit too loud, but amazing at the same time. Love the quality and everything. However the drone is too much even when the valves are closed. I'm the type of dude who loves everything to be loud, but not to the point where it so annoying that around 2000-2400 rpm you know when the exhaust is the loudest. everything in my car shakes if anything is loose it just keeps shaking until I get out of that range. Also on the highway at around 140km its stuck at that 2000 rpm range and its annoying, but not as annoying as when I'm driving it normally and I hit the 2000 rpm range in multiple gears. Is there any solution to fix the drone? I will link some pictures. I thought of sticking 2 resonators in the middle I marked them in the pictures. I think the first pictures is a better place than the second. Help me with some solutions please.
1677964643492.png
1677964812656.png
1677964832146.png
1677964840898.png
1677965015602.jpeg
1677965030795.jpeg
Sponsored

6SPDA91

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silverado, S1000R, A91-MT
I'm actually surprised to hear this considering you've got pretty large mufflers on it.

But yes, resonators are your best option. Are you running an aftermarket downpipe? If so, is it catless or catted?

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Sooooooo, I got a new custom exhaust sounds a bit too loud, but amazing at the same time. Love the quality and everything. However the drone is too much even when the valves are closed. I'm the type of dude who loves everything to be loud, but not to the point where it so annoying that around 2000-2400 rpm you know when the exhaust is the loudest. everything in my car shakes if anything is loose it just keeps shaking until I get out of that range. Also on the highway at around 140km its stuck at that 2000 rpm range and its annoying, but not as annoying as when I'm driving it normally and I hit the 2000 rpm range in multiple gears. Is there any solution to fix the drone? I will link some pictures. I thought of sticking 2 resonators in the middle I marked them in the pictures. I think the first pictures is a better place than the second. Help me with some solutions please.
1677964643492.png
1677964812656.png
1677964832146.png
1677964840898.png
1677965015602.jpeg
1677965030795.jpeg
that’s one gorgeous exhaust! It’s an one off made by a shop?

OP
OP
D3ad_Hand

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm actually surprised to hear this considering you've got pretty large mufflers on it.

But yes, resonators are your best option. Are you running an aftermarket downpipe? If so, is it catless or catted?
I'm running a catless dp and the mufflers already on it have bypasses. So basically u can go straight pipe if u want with a switch of a valve.

OP
OP
D3ad_Hand

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
that’s one gorgeous exhaust! It’s an one off made by a shop?
Yup it's made by a shop amazing welds tbh and amazing quality. Only ran it for like 2-3 days, wanted to sell it, no one bought it. Sooo I said better make the most out of my money. If I'm not wrong they opened up in America, as to where I'm not sure. If u want I could link you their socials.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Yup it's made by a shop amazing welds tbh and amazing quality. Only ran it for like 2-3 days, wanted to sell it, no one bought it. Sooo I said better make the most out of my money. If I'm not wrong they opened up in America, as to where I'm not sure. If u want I could link you their socials.
those welds are gorgeous

OP
OP
D3ad_Hand

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The craftsmanship on that looks top notch! I would say add two vibrant resonators in the mid pipes and that should solve the drone issue you have.
Yup I'll stick 2 of them right after the y pipe. But quick question about the resonators. Should I go for like a specific brand or length or size? or they all do the same job?

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
Yup I'll stick 2 of them right after the y pipe. But quick question about the resonators. Should I go for like a specific brand or length or size? or they all do the same job?
Vibrant’s are good fitment though I’m not sure just because it’s all custom. On my 392 Charger i had the mid mufflers replaced with dyno max race bullets which sounded great but different car

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Unless you are extremely picky about volume, the resonator will completely solve the issue. Your shop will know what will fit. Vibrant makes lots of different sizes, so there should be something that will fit.

OP
OP
D3ad_Hand

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Unless you are extremely picky about volume, the resonator will completely solve the issue. Your shop will know what will fit. Vibrant makes lots of different sizes, so there should be something that will fit.
I actually want the exhaust to be a bit quitter. However, right now the exhaust sounds more like 370z rather than a supra. It's more loud and vibrant. I want it to where it's a bit quitter but still loud and I want the sound to be more high pitched and sharper rather than deeper and vibrant.

OP
OP
D3ad_Hand

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Forgot to correct this. Those are not mufflers on the back they are actually resonators with 2 out going pipes one pipe goes through a resonator making it more quite and the other pipe is a complete straight pipe, but its closed off with the valve.
Sponsored