Custom exhaust

A91-cf

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-cf edition supra
Hey so I'm looking to custom fab an exhaust for my 2022 a91-cf supra. And I need to know what is the size diameter of the outlet section of the down pipe. So I order the correct size piping, resonator, and muffler. I'm thinking about coming off the dp cut the suitcase resonator and put a single inlet, single outlet vibrant ultra quiet resonator. Then single pipe all the way to the back of the diff. And then use the vibrant transverse muffler with single inlet center, dual outlet side. Suitcase style muffler and utilize the stock tips and stock valve on passenger side. I read that the outlet size for a91 is 3.5in from the dp then the rest of the pipeing 3 inchafter the suitcase resonator. and i want to make sure or if its 3 inch from the dp to 2.5 the rest.
Screenshot_20240404_191429_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Sponsored

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
Seems like a ton of headache and trial and error for something that may not fit or rub. It’s tight under there. Have you changed the downpipe? Power and noise to be had there, the stock catback is plenty free flowing.

Already done the downpipe? So many good exhausts out there to buy. I would 100% look into the AWE non resonated touring setup.

Bigboss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 civic FK7 sport, supra 3.0 premium
Gonna be hard to find help when you keep mentioning your pipe size dimensions specific to your “a91” only. Us common normies cant help you 1/500 chosen by god people, you have completely different cars then us😰

OP
OP
A91-cf

A91-cf

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Seems like a ton of headache and trial and error for something that may not fit or rub. It’s tight under there. Have you changed the downpipe? Power and noise to be had there, the stock catback is plenty free flowing.

Already done the downpipe? So many good exhausts out there to buy. I would 100% look into the AWE non resonated touring setup.
Stock dp. Stock exhaust ATM just want different sound I've had vibrant before on a 2017 Volvo s90 t6 with the exhaust flap on passenger side just like this set up and sounded good. But was a twin charged 2.0l 4 banger. As where this a91-cf edition is the 3.0l inline 6. I have simular set up on my wife's bmw x5 35d the vibrant transverse muffler in the rear but vrsf catted dp and bottle resonator on the x5. Sound is good from there as well. Dimensions wize the vibrant muffler for the rear is a little bit smaller in overall size than the factory muffler. Also instead of breaking up and splitting the exhaust from single to dual back to single it stays single same diameter all the way back.

OP
OP
A91-cf

A91-cf

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gonna be hard to find help when you keep mentioning your pipe size dimensions specific to your “a91” only. Us common normies cant help you 1/500 chosen by god people, you have completely different cars then us😰
Well apparently the a90 is 3.15 at dp exit, and a91 is 3.5 at dp exit it's why magnaflow has a system u can buy that comes with a 3' dp connection and a 3.5' connection so I'm asking if anyone who has a a91 if they can verify is 3.5' so I know what parts to order as I will send the car to an exhaust fab shop to custom bend piping to the orderd mufflers ect.

Chris_a90

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra 3.0 premium
Well apparently the a90 is 3.15 at dp exit, and a91 is 3.5 at dp exit it's why magnaflow has a system u can buy that comes with a 3' dp connection and a 3.5' connection so I'm asking if anyone who has a a91 if they can verify is 3.5' so I know what parts to order as I will send the car to an exhaust fab shop to custom bend piping to the orderd mufflers ect.
🍿

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Everything mechanical on the A91-CF is 100% the same as the other 2021+ Supras.

UYCR

First Name
Ubec
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91-MT
Hey so I'm looking to custom fab an exhaust for my 2022 a91-cf supra. And I need to know what is the size diameter of the outlet section of the down pipe. So I order the correct size piping, resonator, and muffler. I'm thinking about coming off the dp cut the suitcase resonator and put a single inlet, single outlet vibrant ultra quiet resonator. Then single pipe all the way to the back of the diff. And then use the vibrant transverse muffler with single inlet center, dual outlet side. Suitcase style muffler and utilize the stock tips and stock valve on passenger side. I read that the outlet size for a91 is 3.5in from the dp then the rest of the pipeing 3 inchafter the suitcase resonator. and i want to make sure or if its 3 inch from the dp to 2.5 the rest.
Outlet size of the OEM DP should be 3.15", not sure if that's the ID or OD tho. Plenty of aftermarket options and several threads in here mention it in case you want to confirm. I'd suggest not even worrying about modifying the OEM catback and just do everything after the DP. I'm gonna be going custom route as well but got the true 4" ETS DP into 4" oval pipe and then split to dual 3" with resonators and possibly small mufflers too.

OP
OP
A91-cf

A91-cf

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Outlet size of the OEM DP should be 3.15", not sure if that's the ID or OD tho. Plenty of aftermarket options and several threads in here mention it in case you want to confirm. I'd suggest not even worrying about modifying the OEM catback and just do everything after the DP. I'm gonna be going custom route as well but got the true 4" ETS DP into 4" oval pipe and then split to dual 3" with resonators and possibly small mufflers too.
Thanks there is alot of conflicting info online is why I was asking here. I would like to go the single side exit to. From spr-1 or made motorsports, but the cost is a little high. So for right now I wanted to do this and see how it sounds or preforms before I drop a whole lot on a full titanium kit. Also don't want a whole lot of drone either.

OP
OP
A91-cf

A91-cf

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have a base model. Maybe mine is 2” at the downpipe??
Not trying to be funny it's just there is alot of conflicting stuff online some manufacturers offer exhaust with mid pipe diameter of 3in and some of 3.5in diameter and when I google what size diameter is the a91 exhaust it just gives a generic 3.5in and doesn't specify if that's at the oval section of mid pipe or at dp connection. And some of the aftermarket catted/catless dps, have 3.5in outlet. As apparently the stock dp is according to some aftermarket exhaust companies 80mm or 3.15in but don't say if it's id or od. Like I said it's very confusing. Just trying to clarify.

UYCR

First Name
Ubec
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91-MT
Thanks there is alot of conflicting info online is why I was asking here. I would like to go the single side exit to. From spr-1 or made motorsports, but the cost is a little high. So for right now I wanted to do this and see how it sounds or preforms before I drop a whole lot on a full titanium kit. Also don't want a whole lot of drone either.
understandable. All of the titanium options I've seen are just too pricey for just being a light weight option without any flow benefits. A lot of aftermarket DP call out their size using the biggest pipe they use for marketing but they all have to reduce to 3.15" if they want to be compatible with OEM catback. Marketing BS causes all sorts of confusion.

In terms of performance, everything that is compatible with OEM DP will perform the same since the smallest part in the exhaust will define the maximum flow you can have. That's why I went with the ETS (4.5" turbo outlet to 4" exit). I did keep it catted (GESI 850HP EPA rated cat) cuz I'm not tuning yet, really hoping for Ecutek to be available soon for '23+.

1712317698480-lc.png

OP
OP
A91-cf

A91-cf

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks yeah I'm going to try to get one fabed from the dp all the way back. Not trying to cut the factory system up just unbolt take out and start from the dp and fab from there. But wanted to make sure before ordering parts. Also none of the car exhaust shops here will or have the equipment to bend piping larger than 3inch. Except for semi truck exhaust shop. As they can fab one from 3.5 up to 5 inch.

OP
OP
A91-cf

A91-cf

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
understandable. All of the titanium options I've seen are just too pricey for just being a light weight option without any flow benefits. A lot of aftermarket DP call out their size using the biggest pipe they use for marketing but they all have to reduce to 3.15" if they want to be compatible with OEM catback. Marketing BS causes all sorts of confusion.

In terms of performance, everything that is compatible with OEM DP will perform the same since the smallest part in the exhaust will define the maximum flow you can have. That's why I went with the ETS (4.5" turbo outlet to 4" exit). I did keep it catted (GESI 850HP EPA rated cat) cuz I'm not tuning yet, really hoping for Ecutek to be available soon for '23+.

1712317698480-lc.png
Nice dp BTW. Gesi cats are a great well known cat. And being obd2 and epa compliant are great. I how ever don't plan on tuning yet either I want to keep my oem warranty. Lol. But once warranty is out I may go full bolts ons. Or if the motor ever goes I may rip it out and replace with a 2jz gte.

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
Honestly just buy a nice catted downpipe. You'll have more sound and power. If you really want more, buy a tried and true catback that you know will fit. Heck the AWE has so many slip joints you can adjust it 100x it will feel like you built it yourself. I spent 2 hours on my back in my garage just tweaking the pipe alignment and fit.
Sponsored