Dangerous Traffic Situation!

JTN

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nitro Yellow
Has anyone had this alert pop up on their HUD while driving? It popped up on mine for a split second on Wednesday when driving home. I was on the highway in what I'd call standard evening rush hour traffic. Traffic flow was normal, congestion was normal. I was in the fast lane doing let's say a healthy clip but nothing absolutely insane. I was "moving with the flow of traffic" to coin the phrase, when this alert popped up on the HUD for a second. Long enough for me to read it and its large yellow "!" triangle, then it vanished.

Is this alert triggered by the real time traffic data or by something else? There were no accidents that I could see on my side or the other side, there were no sudden traffic slowdowns or obvious dangerous conditions like rain or ice that would affect visibility or traction.

Struck me as odd, but mildly disconcerting to see this big message suddenly pop up on the HUD and vanish as quickly as it appeared.
Sponsored

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Were you coming up on the back end of the car in front of you reasonably quickly?

OP
OP
JTN

JTN

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nitro Yellow
Were you coming up on the back end of the car in front of you reasonably quickly?
Nope. Nearest car to me in front was at least 10 car lengths ahead. I've seen the big red car shaped collision warning before (oddly enough when I was merging onto a highway from an on ramp and the guy in front of me was pokey so I snuck around him), this was not that.

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I've had it happen several times (4ish). First time it happened it really startled me but now it's kinda fake news alert... I think it's triggered by real time traffic data around you (not necessarily whatever route you are on) but obviously can't be certain. Nothing around me has ever been "wrong" but I think there's some triangle displayed on a map/nav of where ever the issue is.

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
I've gotten this message when there was construction around.
This. I've had this message pop up once. It was followed by a construction warning I believe? It was either on the dash and/or map? It happened when I first bought my Supra, never since. Might have just quickly pinged a traffic incident in the area, then went away or lost signal.

OP
OP
JTN

JTN

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nitro Yellow
So it sounds like this is definitely something being generated by the real time traffic system data and not the on-board sensors like the proximity or collision warnings.

I can only assume the brief appearance of the warning on my HUD means it was for something on a nearby side street that I passed on the highway, which caused the warning to appear and disappear quickly.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Are you sure there wasn’t a Tesla nearby in “self driving” mode with an idiot asleep in the driver’s seat? Maybe the Supra can sense that stupidity around itself.

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
So it sounds like this is definitely something being generated by the real time traffic system data and not the on-board sensors like the proximity or collision warnings.

I can only assume the brief appearance of the warning on my HUD means it was for something on a nearby side street that I passed on the highway, which caused the warning to appear and disappear quickly.
I got that one time and I got a message saying something about traffic. I don't remember what it said, but it was mainly related to something that happened ahead like an accident or something else

Patar

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Tungsten MK5 Supra (RIP), 2022 Nitro Yellow
Got this too many times. One instance, there was a car on fire.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Living in SoCal, this message pops up all the time. Freakin people cant drive out here. Most of the time its cause of an accident or construction/lane closed.

The one you have to worry about is the red flashing light popping up on the HUD. Those mean you are about to rear end someone. Super annoying on the track when you are coming up on slower traffic.

Digitalprty

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Limited
Don’t have my Supra yet, but I got these on my 230i. It’s just warning of some type of traffic incident ahead (crash, construction, etc.)

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5