Dealer Allocations

Golfer2321

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 3.0 Premium AT
Hey guys. I put a deposit down on a MY24 3.0 Premium back in august. My salesman just told me that they weren't able to get the car on this allocation but can guarantee it on the next one. I was just wondering how often the productions are allocated to dealers. (Sorry if the wording seems off. Still new to this lol.) I'm in NJ and did not go to one of the dealers with the most supras but they definitely get their fair share. They currently got an allocation for the 45th anniversary but not the 3.0 Premium.

When I put the deposit down in August they said before the end of the year was likely. Just wondering if anyone has any insight on this?

Thanks,
Zach
Sponsored

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
When you look at www.toyota.com you can search for dealership expected deliveries. It looks like very few 2024s are NOT the 45th anniversary models. Based upon what I see, the majority of those that are reserved are the white versions. My guess is that the orange color is not as popular a choice.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Hey guys. I put a deposit down on a MY24 3.0 Premium back in august. My salesman just told me that they weren't able to get the car on this allocation but can guarantee it on the next one. I was just wondering how often the productions are allocated to dealers. (Sorry if the wording seems off. Still new to this lol.) I'm in NJ and did not go to one of the dealers with the most supras but they definitely get their fair share. They currently got an allocation for the 45th anniversary but not the 3.0 Premium.

When I put the deposit down in August they said before the end of the year was likely. Just wondering if anyone has any insight on this?

Thanks,
Zach
They can't guarantee you anything. Start reaching out to more dealers.

nc_ROAMr

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'17 Toyota Tacoma
You waiting for a Manual?

I've been on the list since May, no traction yet. Also not in a rush so I haven't been super proactive reaching out to other dealers.

Rhutrow

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I recommend keeping an eye out at other dealerships. I had a deposit on one for two months and they were telling me it could be 6 months, luckily the next one I reached out to had one that just arrived and was able to buy it. The dealership that I had a deposit hasn’t had an allocation at all and that’s been exactly 12 months now.

NCMIKE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
The Southeast plays by different rules according to a car salesman of local Toyota dealer. He said if one shows up they will give you call to drop a deposit on it. He had no idea when one was going to show up. I gave up and found a used one on a lot.

Benzilla81

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 45th Supra / 2007 Mazdaspeed3

Thanks,
Zach
I have been on a waitlist at 2 dealerships in Kansas since April and was told 9-12 months for my choice which is for either a 45th Anniversary MT in Orange or a 3.0 Premium MT in Black or Blue. Each dealership requested a $500 refundable deposit to secure my spot in line. No word or hope from either dealership. I reach out to them at the beginning of each month in hopes of some movement in my position in line or any kind of update, and nada. Definitely not getting an allocation before the end of the year and doubtful that 9-12 months is even realistic. I am trying to stay optimistic, but each month I reach out to them, I feel like I have $1000 sitting out there for nothing. Fingers crossed that you get yours!!

whycantidrive

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
I have been on a waitlist at 2 dealerships in Kansas since April and was told 9-12 months for my choice which is for either a 45th Anniversary MT in Orange or a 3.0 Premium MT in Black or Blue. Each dealership requested a $500 refundable deposit to secure my spot in line. No word or hope from either dealership. I reach out to them at the beginning of each month in hopes of some movement in my position in line or any kind of update, and nada. Definitely not getting an allocation before the end of the year and doubtful that 9-12 months is even realistic. I am trying to stay optimistic, but each month I reach out to them, I feel like I have $1000 sitting out there for nothing. Fingers crossed that you get yours!!

Hey me too, except just 1 dealership in kc. (I bought another car from them recently, very smooth process and no markup). I requested a white auto premium in august. They told me 8-16 months tho. Although they told me i was first on the list so thats probably a lie now seeing your post.

Benzilla81

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hey me too, except just 1 dealership in kc. (I bought another car from them recently, very smooth process and no markup). I requested a white auto premium in august. They told me 8-16 months tho. Although they told me i was first on the list so thats probably a lie now seeing your post.
OH awesome! I am 3rd on the list at Toyota of Olathe and 6th on the list at Molle. How about you?
Initially I was told by both dealerships that I was first on the list for a 45th Anniversary as no one else had requested one, but found out that none of that matters anyway. They offer whatever spec Supra comes in to the first in line even if they did not request that configuration. Just have to hope the folks in front of me do not want the same specs / colors that I do. So I would trust overall position on the list vs what options you chose. Fingers crossed for you!!

Benzilla81

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Molle said I was first probably for the spec i wanted lol. Oh well im in no rush.
Yeah I was under those exact impressions as well when I first spoke to CJ. She told me a very different story than Cory (sales person I am in contact with now) when I called about the 45th Anniversary on the list to be allocated to Molle. I called up super stoked that I was seeing my choice being built. He brought me to the realization that I was just the first person in line to ask for a special edition and 3rd for my premium in blue or black. Either way they come at the first in line with whatever they have, even a 2.0 if you did not request one. Well if they come at me with a White 3.0, I'll be passing for my color choices. If we are going to wait this long, might as well get what you want (or as close as you can get).

OP
OP

Golfer2321

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 3.0 Premium AT
Hey guys,
Forgot to mention its for the AT not the MT. So theoretically it should be easier to get my hands on one. If they don't get the allocation by the end of the year, I'll likely go to another dealer. Fortunately, I'm in no rush. Luckily, there's a couple more dealers in my area that seem to get more Supra allocations. If anyone has any connections at the Hackensack, NJ dealer, that would be much appreciated as that's probably where I'd go to next.

Thanks for the insight guys
Zach

whycantidrive

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
Yeah I was under those exact impressions as well when I first spoke to CJ. She told me a very different story than Cory (sales person I am in contact with now) when I called about the 45th Anniversary on the list to be allocated to Molle. I called up super stoked that I was seeing my choice being built. He brought me to the realization that I was just the first person in line to ask for a special edition and 3rd for my premium in blue or black. Either way they come at the first in line with whatever they have, even a 2.0 if you did not request one. Well if they come at me with a White 3.0, I'll be passing for my color choices. If we are going to wait this long, might as well get what you want (or as close as you can get).
Texted Molle yesterday and I'm 8th in line. I then called Olathe and they told me they go by your preference so there isn't an overall line per say. The woman mentioned that if I already had a deposit at another dealership in town, wouldn't make sense putting one with them as all dealerships in town 'fight' for allocations. Basically a deposit goes towards the car when you buy it but if you don't end up buying from them, they keep the $500? I did notice Molle was a bit cheaper when it comes to their booking/drafting fees. Molle sells 300 over MSRP and Olathe 399 (only to locals). Both of which are extremely good deals.

Anyway to answer OPs question, it seems like dealerships here in Kansas get 1 supra every 1 or 2 months. At least that's what I found out after asking.

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
3.0s (non-45th) seem to be getting more and more scarce, according to dealership allocations. Perhaps Toyota is finishing out those before switching to the non-45th 2024s.

JTN

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nitro Yellow
Last year they built all the A91-MTs first, then moved on to the regular cars. I expect that is what is happening now.

To reiterate my own quest to get my car, I put in deposits summer of 2022 for a model year 2022, which became a 2023. I didn't get my allocation until November, and didn't take delivery until January 2023.
Sponsored