Golfer2321

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 3.0 Premium AT
Hi Guys,
I'm still waiting for my 24 3.0 AT to come in, but my friend asked me a good question the other day.

Is there a way to determine the model year and trims simply from the exterior of the car? He's a big porsche guy and can spot the year/trim just from looking at it.

Was just curious if there is anything you can tell just from seeing one on the road, apart from the obvious like the 45th anniversary and other editions like that.

If there's already a thread on here, please forward me to it - I tried looking but didn't find what I was looking for.

Thanks
Z
Sponsored

Josh George

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Not entirely honestly. You can tell manuals and automatics apart since manuals don't have the active cruise control (Correct me if im wrong) and 2.0 and 3.0's have different wheel designs. '20-'22's have the same wheel design but '23-'24 have different designs. Launch editions will have those red mirror caps. There might be some subtle differences between a base and a premium (I think base doesn't have the red painted calipers) but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

OP
OP

Golfer2321

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 3.0 Premium AT
Thanks - my friend asked me and I honestly had no clue. I knew there had to be some real subtle differences. Also it seems like a lot of people modify them so that makes it harder to determine.

Josh George

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Thanks - my friend asked me and I honestly had no clue. I knew there had to be some real subtle differences. Also it seems like a lot of people modify them so that makes it harder to determine.
Especially with mods it makes it even harder to tell

ApexTheory

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 GR Supra 3.0 Premium MT
A-91MT special edition gets a red Supra badge on back (as opposed to black).

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
2020s are easy to spot because the front calipers are solid red without the "Supra" script on them. Certain exterior colors are also dead giveaways because they were exclusive to certain model years and/or special editions. 2.0 models have smaller (unpainted calipers) brakes and exhaust tips, so even when they swap to the 19" 3.0 wheels, it's a giveaway. There's other tidbits, that I don't have all the time to explain here..

BillyLong42

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium
I put a red Vinyl overlay on my back badge (AT) so people don't call me names anymore.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
My 2020 Supra rocks Supra stickers on the red calipers to confuse everyone on the road each time. :flame:
Sponsored