Downpipe Differences

JoshuaQ

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Anyone got experience with the Kooks catted DP? That thing costs more than like all over their so so exhausts. I was wondering if maybe it's that good, unlike their exhausts.
Sponsored

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Anyone got experience with the Kooks catted DP? That thing costs more than like all over their so so exhausts. I was wondering if maybe it's that good, unlike their exhausts.
We offer Kooks products, but i dont see a reason to spend more on their downpipe than the more proven and cheaper active autowerke option.

At this point, the only interesting catted downpipe must guarantee no check engine light and be significantly cheaper than Active. if not, there is no point in getting it over AA

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
The AA DP's "No CEL guarantee" makes it extremely versatile. Run stock, stage 1 or stage 2. The benefits of catless with OEM attributes.
no, it's a 400 cell-- it's restrictive. cannot be compared to catless, at all

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
no, it's a 400 cell-- it's restrictive. cannot be compared to catless, at all
Slightly more restrictive. I didn't suggest that catted is better than catless. Definitely better than stock though.

Also depends where you live and what your goals are. Again, AA's catted DP allows you to run stock, stage 1 or stage 2. Its versatility is undeniable, which maybe a worthy tradeoff.

I've ran both. I currently run VRSF catless but I kept my AA catted. I prefer the sound of the VRSF but honestly couldn't tell the difference in performance. YMMV depending on tune and other supporting mods though.

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra / 2019 Y61 Nissan Patrol
We offer Kooks products, but i dont see a reason to spend more on their downpipe than the more proven and cheaper active autowerke option.

At this point, the only interesting catted downpipe must guarantee no check engine light and be significantly cheaper than Active. if not, there is no point in getting it over AA
Quick question? How is the BORLA exhaust with daily driving?

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Any drone issues say on a highway say from 85 to 90 mph. The rpm would be at 2200. The loudest it can be.

I personally haven't had extensive experience with this exhaust, but we've not received any customer complaints concerning drone.
Sponsored