OP

Jashua

First Name
Jashua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
If you don't plan to push the car to it's limits (that's ok), you really just need to concern yourself with normal car stuff; maintenance and regular wear and tear (significantly lower since you won't push it). Nothing outstanding to look out for. Enjoy the car :)
Thanks lol
Sponsored

TiE2000

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
I've been daily driving mine for the last 3 years. 55,000 miles no mechanical issues. Mines a early 21 model with a bit of oil consumption. Even that isn't a big deal. I need to add a quart about half way through every oil change. I keep a spare quart behind the passenger seat for when the car nags me to add a quart.

I have PPF on my nose and around wheels. thats saved the car from rock chips. Currently running 275 up front with 305s in the rear, really no issues with rocks getting kicked up.

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
So, it seems no one really talk about this topic. I'm very curious though. For someone who doesn't like to race or beat on a sport car, would I still have to worry about rock chips behind the rear wheel well, have engine/ mechanical issues like what I've been seeing in the other threads? (Of course, regular maintenance will be done accordingly). I'm on the waiting list but once I get the supra, I'm only planning to go for cruises. I don't plan to beat on it, track or mod it at all besides ppf.
Before you drive off with your new car, take a thorough look at it. My inside was good but the front emblem had chips missing from its chrome ring. There is also a small paint inclusion or two.
And yes, my car was leaking diff fluid at sometime between 600 and 700 miles. It is a long story that is not yet ended. Others have had their diff plugs leaking, and some saw fluid venting from above. Overall, most Supras have been better than average as far as overall reliability is concerned.

CR 2 + 4-seat sports cars 2024.jpg

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
Off topic but, how did Consumer Reports manage a 4.6 sec 0-60? Was it towing the new Z? 😂
Consumer Reports's 0-60 times have always been very "conservative". For example, look at the Corvette's time. Car & Driver did 2.8 seconds for that car and 3.7 seconds for the Supra 3.0.
C&D also achieved a 5.4 second 0-60 for the Mazda MX5.

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
So, it seems no one really talk about this topic. I'm very curious though. For someone who doesn't like to race or beat on a sport car, would I still have to worry about rock chips behind the rear wheel well, have engine/ mechanical issues like what I've been seeing in the other threads? (Of course, regular maintenance will be done accordingly). I'm on the waiting list but once I get the supra, I'm only planning to go for cruises. I don't plan to beat on it, track or mod it at all besides ppf.
Hello - the engine is smoothe as butter and so long as you don't start messing about tuning it, it will be extremely reliable! :) Search for the Car Care Nut on youtube and other B58 mechanic videos, generally this engine is one of the safest and well built.

Also, rock chips are not too bad if you don't drive too many miles a year, and your road surface in your area is good, and you don't tailgate other cars.

It's mainly the rocker panels right next to the Front tyres that get a beating, and the black matte intake shelf in the middle of the front bumper because it's slightly angled like a spoiler so it doez get tiny chips.

Unless you get wheel spacers, you won't really get any rock chips at the rear either I did 3,600 miles and have NO rear end chips, but 5-10 small chips in the front rocker panels, and it's a metal panel.

My advice:
- PPF front bumper and headlights *hood is very expensive and not necessarily needed.
- PPF rocker lower panel front side
- Get a touch up pen and touch up every couple of months.
- Regularly use a detailer/ceramic spray to keep paint slick.

I drive it fairly fast most of the time, never tracked though and it's 100% stock, all the above has still kept it in pristine condition :)
Sponsored