Driving like a granny šŸ˜…

Jashua

First Name
Jashua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
So, it seems no one really talk about this topic. I'm very curious though. For someone who doesn't like to race or beat on a sport car, would I still have to worry about rock chips behind the rear wheel well, have engine/ mechanical issues like what I've been seeing in the other threads? (Of course, regular maintenance will be done accordingly). I'm on the waiting list but once I get the supra, I'm only planning to go for cruises. I don't plan to beat on it, track or mod it at all besides ppf.
Sponsored

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
So, it seems no one really talk about this topic. I'm very curious though. For someone who doesn't like to race or beat on a sport car, would I still have to worry about rock chips behind the rear wheel well, have engine/ mechanical issues like what I've been seeing in the other threads? (Of course, regular maintenance will be done accordingly). I'm on the waiting list but once I get the supra, I'm only planning to go for cruises. I don't plan to beat on it, track or mod it at all besides ppf.
What mechanical and engine issues are you talking about?

OP
OP

Jashua

First Name
Jashua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
I donā€™t have any of thoseā€¦ā€¦
Ok. Thanks for sharing your input. I was browsing in the other threads/ categories and looking at issues other drivers are getting and was wondering if it's a common thing or only if people are beating on it

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
i avg 20.5 mpg and i track
yep, still have to worry about rock chips, maybe you'll experience the throttle hesitation issue others have (power loss you mentioned?), still might experience heat soak here and there, yep you'll still have brake dust.. differential leak was one person and it ended up being an axle

OP
OP

Jashua

First Name
Jashua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
i avg 20.5 mpg and i track
yep, still have to worry about rock chips, maybe you'll experience the throttle hesitation issue others have (power loss you mentioned?), still might experience heat soak here and there, yep you'll still have brake dust.. differential leak was one person and it ended up being an axle
Thanks for replying.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I've been driving mine as my weekend GT car on a nice weather day.. I've not had one issue with the car besides CarPlay subscription temporarily getting disabled which I read was due to some BMW's internal clerical error. It fixed itself OTA after a few months and everything works. I punch the car on open roads at times, but I don't abuse the car nor take it to my limits nor drive illegal speeds. That can be said about my other cars too..

Supraluv

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra premium , Z4 Coupe , 2002 MRoadster
I don`t track my car but I don`t baby it either and I have had no problems so far. I have about 4500 on it and I am just getting it out of storage as it`s warming up. Can`t wait to drive it this year.

Imrandyo

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Iā€™ve daily driven mine for 60,000 miles or so and have been on a tune with modifications for 90% of its life and havenā€™t had any issues with it at all. I am a really reserved driver and I havenā€™t been to the track/strip at all with it, but I still think they are solid cars if you take care of them and do do those things.

My only complaint with the car is the windshield is just a rock magnet. I donā€™t know if itā€™s height of car, angle of windshield, or what but Iā€™ve replaced the windshield once and can do it again but I just live with the chips now. Maybe you could just chalk it up to bad luck, Iā€™m not sure.

Early welcome to the club man. Youā€™re going to love it. If you plan to stick around the forums, be sure to ask @razorlab what oil he recommends and if you ever need a timeline for something @_Sp1ral0ut has been known to provide prophet like accuracy.

yerrvang

First Name
Irving
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 2.0
Rock chips out the wazoo, but 15k miles so far no mechanical worries. The interior is starting to creak incessantly, though.

OP
OP

Jashua

First Name
Jashua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Iā€™ve daily driven mine for 60,000 miles or so and have been on a tune with modifications for 90% of its life and havenā€™t had any issues with it at all. I am a really reserved driver and I havenā€™t been to the track/strip at all with it, but I still think they are solid cars if you take care of them and do do those things.

My only complaint with the car is the windshield is just a rock magnet. I donā€™t know if itā€™s height of car, angle of windshield, or what but Iā€™ve replaced the windshield once and can do it again but I just live with the chips now. Maybe you could just chalk it up to bad luck, Iā€™m not sure.

Early welcome to the club man. Youā€™re going to love it. If you plan to stick around the forums, be sure to ask @razorlab what oil he recommends and if you ever need a timeline for something @_Sp1ral0ut has been known to provide prophet like accuracy.
Thanks! Really appreciate it! I do plan to stick around for a long time.

PowerGetter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24' 45th Anni Supra 3.0 6MT, 23' Subaru Ascent
If you don't plan to push the car to it's limits (that's ok), you really just need to concern yourself with normal car stuff; maintenance and regular wear and tear (significantly lower since you won't push it). Nothing outstanding to look out for. Enjoy the car :)
Sponsored