Just got my MkV, after 10yrs of driving EVs

LunexDanny

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra, 600LT, 2GR Turbo MR2, Evo 9 MR
Same boat as you, been Tesla for 7+ years (had the plaid, various model S's and 3's) w/ some sports cars on the side (SW20 MR2 w/v6 heavily modified and 600LT Mclaren), the Supra feels amazing w/OE Spec for the price point its at. Absolutely love the car, I just picked mine up on Friday last week - 21' A91 Edition Blue.
Sponsored

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
Same boat as you, been Tesla for 7+ years (had the plaid, various model S's and 3's) w/ some sports cars on the side (SW20 MR2 w/v6 heavily modified and 600LT Mclaren), the Supra feels amazing w/OE Spec for the price point its at. Absolutely love the car, I just picked mine up on Friday last week - 21' A91 Edition Blue.
Out of all the sportscars I've driven, the McLaren 570S Spider was the most impressive. That said, I must mention that my Supra seats are far more comfortable. And at 25% of the cost of the 570, the Supra is an amazing bargain.

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91 Refraction, 68 Camaro SS, 17 GTI
yeah. I know people hate on Teslas, I’ve owned 6 in 10yrs and I still think they are the perfect commuter.

but wanted to have a Sunday / Worthy track day car and after months of research I got a brand new Supra 3.0 base.

Im totally crazy when it comes to car mods, but this one will be a functional sports car. very excited to learn how to mod this car. It’s a fiery one stock. Can’t wait to break it in for a few months (actually my daughter will drive it for a while) then I will start to work on it.

here is a pic of my pumping gas for the first time on a car that is not a rental in 10 yrs!!!
IMG_0616.jpeg
If you let someone else drive this, make sure they are competent, ESPECIALLY if that said individual turns off the traction and stability control systems.....we don't need any more of these cars totaled. The PSS tires that come on it aren't that great.

CrushA90

First Name
JAY
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 MK5 supra .... 97 sc300 2JZGTE 1000++ HP
yeah. I know people hate on Teslas, I’ve owned 6 in 10yrs and I still think they are the perfect commuter.

but wanted to have a Sunday / Worthy track day car and after months of research I got a brand new Supra 3.0 base.

Im totally crazy when it comes to car mods, but this one will be a functional sports car. very excited to learn how to mod this car. It’s a fiery one stock. Can’t wait to break it in for a few months (actually my daughter will drive it for a while) then I will start to work on it.

here is a pic of my pumping gas for the first time on a car that is not a rental in 10 yrs!!!
IMG_0616.jpeg
So it took you ten years to grow a pair👍

OP
OP

Gabe

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra MkV/Tesla Model S/Tesla Model X
If you let someone else drive this, make sure they are competent, ESPECIALLY if that said individual turns off the traction and stability control systems.....we don't need any more of these cars totaled. The PSS tires that come on it aren't that great.
You are gonna go crazy: she’s 16, learning to drive. My electric cars are just too powerful, and heavy to learn (my S is also heavily modified and it sits at just 3 inches from the ground and is framed on carbon fiber areo stuff)

the good thing is that she will never drive it alone, as she will be building miles with me exclusively until August when she will get her own car (a smaller, easier to handle model 3)

She’s a very good student driver, handles with care, and I watch her like a hawk.
The Supra is actually a very maneuverable car.
But yeah. She’s learning on a brand new car. At her age all I got was a broken old bicycle. 🤨

OP
OP

Gabe

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra MkV/Tesla Model S/Tesla Model X
Agree 💯. Due to my job, I find myself around and in the track quite a bit and I couldn’t find a better platform to build an iconic car. And the price make it a no brainer.

I even compared this little thing with an Aston Martin Vantage and at 25% the cost, there wasn’t a lot that I could get on the AM that I can’t eventually get from this car when fully modded to go on the track.
It’s been 3 weeks and I am very very happy with this little devil.

CrushA90

First Name
JAY
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 MK5 supra .... 97 sc300 2JZGTE 1000++ HP
Nah. Im ok. A car does not define my masculinity. I’m sorry that you need a car ti define yours.
You probably should get that checked out by a doctor. ☺
Only soy boys and girls would even buy a 4 cylinder car. The facts don't lie princess.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Agree 💯. Due to my job, I find myself around and in the track quite a bit and I couldn’t find a better platform to build an iconic car. And the price make it a no brainer.

I even compared this little thing with an Aston Martin Vantage and at 25% the cost, there wasn’t a lot that I could get on the AM that I can’t eventually get from this car when fully modded to go on the track.
It’s been 3 weeks and I am very very happy with this little devil.
I hope you got her the 2.0. The 3.0 liter is way too much power to learn on imo. My girl, maybe. My boy, oh hell no!

Are you guys going to track together? If so, hope to see you out there 😃 I’ve got a friend doing the exact same thing in Homestead. His daughter was out on the track twice, just turned 16. We’re meeting up at Sebring in March.

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Only soy boys and girls would even buy a 4 cylinder car. The facts don't lie princess.
I have a couple of four-cylinder cars and a four-cylinder motorcycle, but I am quite a princess, so this checks out. 💅🏼

Suma Performance

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90, S550, TMY

IMG_0616.jpeg
Welcome to the forum!
Sponsored