East Coast Supra Downpipe?

JAWTB

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK5 Supra
Anyone have any experience with the East Coast Supra Race Downpipe? I placed an order for Armytrix race downpipe and was informed they no longer carry that item. Upon checking other vendors it seems most, if not all no longer carry the Armytrix one.
Sponsored

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT

Pizza

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazda Rx-8, 2023 Nocturnal 3.0 Premium (MT)
All catless downpipes are just that at the end of the day. Steel pipes. Get the one that's the cheapest from a reputable shop, otherwise they're pretty much all the same

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
All catless downpipes are just that at the end of the day. Steel pipes. Get the one that's the cheapest from a reputable shop, otherwise they're pretty much all the same
Completely agree with you, get the best deal from a reputable place.
Here are a few things that can go wrong with a non-reputable downpipe or manufacturer

Stainless steel quality: 304 stainless steel. This happens way to often when customers have purchased products from less reputable brands, convinced by the manufacturer's claims, only to discover later that the product was actually made of 201 stainless steel.

Fitment: Fitment must be flush, or you will have to deal with a boost leak, rattle, or drone. if fitment is off by 1%, you will have issues with the downpipe.

wields quality: needs to be up to standards with clean wields to sustain the years of pressure and heat to come.

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR 3.0 Premium
Anyone have any experience with the East Coast Supra Race Downpipe? I placed an order for Armytrix race downpipe and was informed they no longer carry that item. Upon checking other vendors it seems most, if not all no longer carry the Armytrix one.
Vivid do.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Not familiar with them, but I recommend the MAD brand instead. it's very popular in the Supra and and BMW world, and comes with a lifetime warranty

they offer the standard 4.5" for $259 with free shipping
https://mad-us.com/mad-b58-downpipe-w-bracket-bmw-f-g-chassis-supra/

and the 5" fat boy for $329 with free shipping
https://mad-us.com/mad-2052-mad-bmw...atless-downpipe-m240-340-m340-440-m440-supra/
Okay, the 5" fat boy makes no sense at all when it necks down to 3.15" one foot downstream like every other DP 🧐

Wilzzonn

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 GR Supra Premium
If you were looking for the Catless I know they changed their part number to TOSU3-DD, it was previously TOSU3-6DD. Just ordered mine last week. Arriving tomorrow.

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR 3.0 Premium
If you were looking for the Catless I know they changed their part number to TOSU3-DD, it was previously TOSU3-6DD. Just ordered mine last week. Arriving tomorrow.
Did you order off of armytrix/vivid site?

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Okay, the 5" fat boy makes no sense at all when it necks down to 3.15" one foot downstream like every other DP 🧐
They all need to neck down to fit the midpipe without modification, even the standard 4.5" downpipe.
in terms of performance, it wont make a difference on the stock turbo, but the sound is different than your standard downpipe. its got a deeper midrange tone.