EcuTek Tuning - Stage 1 & 2 Tuning 91, 93, E30+ Tunes now available!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marin@MarinTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
C Cc an

Can you dumb it down for exactly what Racerom exactly is? I know most of us just wants to slap the software on and make power. But I actually like to learn as much as I can with the software system and how it works and etc. I have dealt with Hondata since 2006 and have been very comfortable setting up different maps for say daily driving, drag way, and street uses. I know this is way over complex than Hondata. If there is a FAQ. It would be nice.
So these features you use in KPro, these are EcuTeks version. They call their product RaceRom.

Lets use the Subaru BRZ as an example!
race rom example.PNG

The BRZ uses a Mass Airflow fitted in the throttle tube. This is great and all but eventually has flow restrictions and even more. This is a factory NA motor with no boost support built in. RaceRom is the custom code ecutek added. They added in "race car" stuff to this simple ecu. If you look above you can see a speed density table show airflow modeling based on RPM & Manifold presure. This completely over writes the factory logic and lets us also blend use between fueling streagty.

Then you have some basic boost control. They built this from scratch and it is similar to a basic stand alone. On this platform we can tune in real time, and things such as gear compensations for boost compensation.

Then we have the "toys" they add in. Examples on this platform is launch control to spool your turbo, flat foot shifting, auto downshift blipping, per gear rev limiters, we have boost by gear, boost by map, and on that platform we have maps that are blank and we can set the X, Y, and output!

This is what makes ecutek quite powerful. They took a simple ecu and basically made it comparable to a low end stand alone (not quite as nice but feature wise we can do quite a bit!).

Now loop back to this platform... This ecu is a Bosch ecu that has a lot of generic stuff. If I recall I rememer even finding piston thermal rates and such. And i think some diesel control? All of these features rae just disabled. So EcuTek over time will be able to take advantage of some of the tables that are already there and esentially re-wire them and or just replace them with their own logic. One featue we have requested (but we don't know if it will be added, it still early) is the ability to do rolling launch control. On the GT-R platform you set your cruise control and then if you go full throttle it holds your speed but lets you go WOT with timing reduction that forces the turbo to fully spool. The moment you click cancel the car launches full load, the throttle is already open... So there is no delay for he pedla angle, no spool time, just pure madness! This is why ecutek is expensive. They spend a lot of time re-writing the OEM logic and adding stuff in. However with the BMW side of the fence a lot of the stuff already eixsts and just needs to be re-wired. On other BMW platforms we have good flex fuel support and multiple maps. We can switch ignition, fueling, and airflow target models in real time with the cruise control switch.

If you have an more questions i am more than happy to help! =)
Sponsored

Last edited:

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
So these features you use in KPro, these are EcuTeks version. They call their product RaceRom.

Lets use the Subaru BRZ as an example!
race rom example.PNG

The BRZ uses a Mass Airflow fitted in the throttle tube. This is great and all but eventually has flow restrictions and even more. This is a factory NA motor with no boost support built in. RaceRom is the custom code ecutek added. They added in "race car" stuff to this simple ecu. If you look above you can see a speed density table show airflow modeling based on RPM & Manifold presure. This completely over writes the factory logic and lets us also blend use between fueling streagty.

Then you have some basic boost control. They built tihs from scratch and it is similar to a basic stand alone. On this platform we can tune in real time, and things such as gear compensations for boost compensation.

Then we have the "toys" they add in. Examples on this platform is launch control to spool your turbo, flat foot shifting, auto downshift blipping, per gear rev limiters, we have boost by gear, boost by map, and on that platform we have maps that are blank and we can set the X, Y, and output!

This is what makes ecutek quite powerful. They took a simple ecu and basically made it comparable to a low end stand alone (not quite as nice but feature wise we can do quite a bit!).

Now loop back to this platform... This ecu is a Bosch ecu that has a lot of generic stuff. If I recall I rememer even finding piston thermal rates and such. And i think some diesel control? All of these features rae just disabled. So EcuTek over time will be able to take advantage of some of the tables that are already there and esentially re-wire them and or just replace them with their own logic. One featue we have requested (but we don't know if it will be added, it still early) is the ability to do rolling launch control. On the GT-R platform you set your cruise control and then if you go full throttle it holds your speed but lets you go WOT with timing reduction that forces the turbo to fully spool. The moment you click cancel the car launches full load, the throttle is already open... So there is no delay for he pedla angle, no spool time, just pure madness! This is why ecutek is expensive. They spend a lot of time re-writing the OEM logic and adding stuff in. However with the BMW side of the fence a lot of the stuff already eixsts and just needs to be re-wired. On other BMW platforms we have good flex fuel support and multiple maps. We can switch ignition, fueling, and airflow target models in real time with the cruise control switch.

If you have an more questions i am more than happy to help! =)
wow, I am going to have reread that 10 times and I may still not understand all of it. lol So basically, Ecutek is the company aka Hondata. And Racerom is basically made by Ecutek and Racerom is like aka “Kpro” or “Flashpro”? Lol. Been a Honda day since 94. Lol. I only known Honda terms.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Can you also explain and breakdown the prices to run Racerom and what you all need? lol. All these licenses and Bluetooth stuff and etc. seems like there is a ton of stuff you need purchase to get a complete package from Ecutek.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
So from reading your posts:

EcuTek Connect Bluetooth Programming Kit - $350
This includes a Bluetooth adapter that can be used to communicate with your vehicle. This allows you to log your vehicle with both Apple and Android devices, as well as Windows computers. This also includes a USB cable, and an Ecutek hardware license key. This license key allows you to use a windows computer to flash your car. A Windows PC is required to flash your car at this time!

EcuTek Vehicle License - $595
This is a one time fee to license your individual ECU for programming. Every vehicle tuned by EcuTek is required to use this. You can use any EcuTek cable to flash you car but each vehicle needs a digital license. This is transferred electronically.

Example: You would need a programming kit ($350) as well as a vehicle license ($595) to program your own vehicle at home. This would cost $945.

Stage 1 & 2 tuning - $595
Both our Stage 1 & Stage 2 tunes are currently the same price. This is for a single fuel, single tune.

Additional tune - $295
This can include an ethanol map to go along with your pump gas tune.

Stage 3 tuning (Upgraded turbo) - $695
Please contact us with your setup. Additional fee's or hardware may be required.

Packages
Retail Programing Kit & License NO TUNE - Retail: $945.00 - Sale price: $900.00
*This would only be for those that want a kit for when beta is over.
  • EcuTek Bluetooht programming kit - $350.00
  • 1 Vehicle license - $595
Stage 1 kit - Retail: $1,540 - $1,275 Beta tester discounted price
  • EcuTek Bluetooth programming kit - $350.00
  • 1 Vehicle license - $595.00
  • Single map (please tell us what fuel you will be running) - $595.00
Stage 1 & 2 EcuTek Tuning Only (supply your own parts) - Retail: $1,540.00 - $1,275.00 Beta tester discounted price
  • EcuTek Bluetooth Programming kit - $350.00
  • 1 Vehicle License - $595.00
  • Single map (please specify your fuel when ordering) - $595.00
Stage 2 Race kit - Retail: $2,039.95 - $1774.95 Beta tester discounted price
  • AMS Race Pipe - $499.95
  • Free HKS drop in filter! ($54.00 value!, or a $50.00 credit towards an intake)
Stage 2 Street kit - Retail: $2,539.95 - $2,274.95 Beta tester discounted price
  • AMS Catted Downpipe - $999.95
  • Free HKS drop in filter! ($54.00 value, or $50.00 credit towards an intake)

Bonus!
Until the end of April you can add a second fuel map for an addition $100.00 . E.g. if you bought a stage 2 race kit for $1,774.95 for $1,874.95 you can get both 93 Octane & Ethanol tunes as a packa

so $945 would include everything like all the software plus hardware. And to get a base map From depending what stage is an extra $595. Is this basically where you send us a base map and we datalog and email you the datalog and then you make changes to the tune and email it back to me and I upload the tune and etc? And this is only one map? And if we want additional custom maps, we need to pay more? So Ecutek requires us to take out our factory ecu and ship it to you? Or is there an option to not do that? Do we need to download the software to a laptop from the Ecutek website aka K-Manager (Kpro)? Lol

is there a way to use the datalogs to provide a virtual dyno number? I done this in the past with Kpro and K Tuner.

I have found a local EcuTek dyno tuner and plan to have them dyno tune it. Does that mean I just purchase $945 package and take it to them and have them dyno tune and flash it to the ecu?

Marin@MarinTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
wow, I am going to have reread that 10 times and I may still not understand all of it. lol So basically, Ecutek is the company aka Hondata. And Racerom is basically made by Ecutek and Racerom is like aka “Kpro” or “Flashpro”? Lol. Been a Honda day since 94. Lol. I only known Honda terms.
FlashPro is like EcuTek's bluetooth programming kit. If you use the hondata editor thats like ectueks editor. however the files that you save? those are modified, with custom code that hondata added to handle extra cool stuff like launch control. Those custom "files" are "RaceRom". So right now with ecutek we are literally modifying the 100% factory files. And then sending you modified factory files. Once they finish the next phase of development they wil have a bunch of Enahnced files that have a whole buch of new settings that we can configure. That screenshot I posted an example of some enhancements they engineered for the Subaru BRZ.

Marin@MarinTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
So from reading your posts:

so $945 would include everything like all the software plus hardware. And to get a base map From depending what stage is an extra $595. Is this basically where you send us a base map and we datalog and email you the datalog and then you make changes to the tune and email it back to me and I upload the tune and etc? And this is only one map? And if we want additional custom maps, we need to pay more? So Ecutek requires us to take out our factory ecu and ship it to you? Or is there an option to not do that? Do we need to download the software to a laptop from the Ecutek website aka K-Manager (Kpro)? Lol

is there a way to use the datalogs to provide a virtual dyno number? I done this in the past with Kpro and K Tuner.

I have found a local EcuTek dyno tuner and plan to have them dyno tune it. Does that mean I just purchase $945 package and take it to them and have them dyno tune and flash it to the ecu?
This pricing is right. So for example a stage 2 tune + programming kit would run $1,275.00 currently. If you want a second tune for say ethanol it would be $1,375.00 total.

I have only had 3 people contact me that need an unlocked ecu. Most cars are not locked. This is a new thing BMW has been doing since summer 2019. And now apparently toyota is starting to do it. I expect the 2021 ECU's to come locked, in which we will have the tools to unlock it. However 99% of people are able to flash their ECU right now. We only put that section in for the people that knew they were already locked and couldn't flash.

If you have a local EcuTek tuner then they an supply you with everything you need. I am more than happy to send you a programming kit though. They will need to purchase the A90 tuning suite to do this. So make sure they already have the software.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
This pricing is right. So for example a stage 2 tune + programming kit would run $1,275.00 currently. If you want a second tune for say ethanol it would be $1,375.00 total.

I have only had 3 people contact me that need an unlocked ecu. Most cars are not locked. This is a new thing BMW has been doing since summer 2019. And now apparently toyota is starting to do it. I expect the 2021 ECU's to come locked, in which we will have the tools to unlock it. However 99% of people are able to flash their ECU right now. We only put that section in for the people that knew they were already locked and couldn't flash.

If you have a local EcuTek tuner then they an supply you with everything you need. I am more than happy to send you a programming kit though. They will need to purchase the A90 tuning suite to do this. So make sure they already have the software.
And what about your stage 1 or 2 tunes. Are these just base maps you send out or these custom tunes Taylor to my car using datalog and back and forth emailing. Like an e-tune?

Marin@MarinTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
And what about your stage 1 or 2 tunes. Are these just base maps you send out or these custom tunes Taylor to my car using datalog and back and forth emailing. Like an e-tune?
Back and forth emailing! Currently we do not offer shelf tunes. We wil have them down the road. but all cars are custom tuned. If people want say a softer throttle map, we will do that. If you want more power than the base, we wil do that. If you want a specific burble pattern, no problem! =) If you have any crazy requests just please talk about your request before you order (like attempting to force spool for a drag only tune).

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Back and forth emailing! Currently we do not offer shelf tunes. We wil have them down the road. but all cars are custom tuned. If people want say a softer throttle map, we will do that. If you want more power than the base, we wil do that. If you want a specific burble pattern, no problem! =) If you have any crazy requests just please talk about your request before you order (like attempting to force spool for a drag only tune).
gotcha! Thank you for all your help. When I get over the break in miles. I will be ordering from you!

Camus

First Name
Daniel.
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra , 2021 M4 Base.
Hi, I got one more question, I am about to pull the trigger, just want to know. Currently I have this Ethernet to OBD2 cable. Can I use that instead of the Bluetooth kit? maybe I am old fashioned, but I like my cable to the PC, does EcuTek support it?.

Thanks.

Marin@MarinTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Hi, I got one more question, I am about to pull the trigger, just want to know. Currently I have this Ethernet to OBD2 cable. Can I use that instead of the Bluetooth kit? maybe I am old fashioned, but I like my cable to the PC, does EcuTek support it?.

Thanks.
The Enet cables are not compatible with EcuTek. You will need an EcuTek kit. The bluetooth cable does required a cable connection via USB for actually flashing. It is a combo unit used for flashing, bluetooth based logging with a cell phone, and then down the road with RaceROM features we can swithc maps, change exhaust settings, etc.

Marin@MarinTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
So I now have the ability to bench unlock ecu's that have an issue. (Dont be alarmed! not many cars are locked!). But I have had some folks over in California that have more recent purchases and are concerned with the posability of having a locked ECU. So I may be driving to California either this coming weekend or the weekend after to tune a couple of cars if I can get enough people interested in me coming to town. If anyone is interested feel free to send me a message. There will be a small fee for the unlock process if it ends up being locked. But this would be cheaper and easier than mailing your ECU in. As well as the benefit of we would get the tune dialed in within a couple of quick pulls versus needing to go back and forth via emails.

If the locked ecu's become a common thing I will likely regularly make my way to certain areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.