TYMBOM

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91, Trackhawk, Golf R
Underneath
Hey @zrk , following your lead and running it underneath.
One question for you. What do you do with the one sensor that gets plugged into it? Did you just extend the wires or just not plug it in?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Zupra_Toscana90

Zupra_Toscana90

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tungsten Silver A90
Update: Over the weekend I actually completely removed the purge valve and capped the fittings on the manifold and then attached a small breather filter to the quick disconnect fitting down at the bottom of the firewall. Will report back tomorrow when I drive the car and see if there is any codes or drivability issues.

OP
OP
Zupra_Toscana90

Zupra_Toscana90

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tungsten Silver A90
So as of now I have actually completely removed everything except this quick disconnect connector in the red square. I purchased a small generic breather filter from like Autozone/Oreilly's and pushed this connector onto the bottom of the breather filter and reinstalled it down at the bottom of the driver side firewall.

As of the past couple days of driving, I have not yet thrown a code. (will check later for soft codes)

As for the manifold, I installed some ORB fittings to block the openings off on my AMS manifold. You could probably just install a cap or block off of some sort on the OEM manifold to cap the system off.
InkedEVAP (3).jpg

absaifan

First Name
Ahmed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mkv Supra, MKIV 2jz-gte, Q7, FJ Cruiser
I have the CSF intercooler / plenum upgrade and while I had the car on the dyno, the vacuum line in the forward side of the intake kept popping off at around 30psi, so I plugged the port ever since.

I then removed the lines and sensor but got the CEL, I re-plugged the sensor (23285) and just kept it tucked away with no line connected and it's been this way for almost a year now with no faults. All lines crossed I have removed.
I'm pushing +700whp with no CEL what so ever.

Question for the pros though, I see most of the setups with top mount turbos from P2tuned and Visconti still keep the lines all connected.

Would like them to clarify if by disconnecting them are we adversely affecting oil vapor scavenging or piston ring sealing by any means?

Would appreciate an informed feedback šŸ‘

Screenshot_20230609_212452_edit_36961624688764.jpg

OP
OP
Zupra_Toscana90

Zupra_Toscana90

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tungsten Silver A90
I have the CSF intercooler / plenum upgrade and while I had the car on the dyno, the vacuum line in the forward side of the intake kept popping off at around 30psi, so I plugged the port ever since.

I then removed the lines and sensor but got the CEL, I re-plugged the sensor (23285) and just kept it tucked away with no line connected and it's been this way for almost a year now with no faults. All lines crossed I have removed.
I'm pushing +700whp with no CEL what so ever.

Question for the pros though, I see most of the setups with top mount turbos from P2tuned and Visconti still keep the lines all connected.

Would like them to clarify if by disconnecting them are we adversely affecting oil vapor scavenging or piston ring sealing by any means?

Would appreciate an informed feedback šŸ‘

Screenshot_20230609_212452_edit_36961624688764.jpg
The only vapor that should be present is only excess from the fuel tank. From my understanding this system is only designed to allow it to recirculate to intake to keep the emissions down by burning it clean rather than into the air.

AutoBossLvL

First Name
Kenji
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
here how that pipe in the red box look from the engine bay, u can reach from under the car.

The only vapor that should be present is only excess from the fuel tank. From my understanding this system is only designed to allow it to recirculate to intake to keep the emissions down by burning it clean rather than into the air.
363357802_971942547186351_6758384535416122543_n.jpg
Sponsored