Exhaust flap closes JB4

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Has anyone noticed the flap closes on you as you switch periodically between sport and comfort?

I was under the impression that it would stay open, regardless of sport/comfort, until you closed through JB4.

i know it is easy to do through button on stalk, but was just wondering.
Sponsored

KBG

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Wait, you can control the exhaust butterfly valve via the JB4 as well??? Do tell as I obviously missed those set of instructions. I just updated to f/w v17 but haven't noticed any issues with the valve but I only use the normal/sport button.

OP
OP
Rocksandblues

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
in park, eng running, hold top turn signal button in for a couple seconds. turn signal flash right its closed, hold again turn signal flash left its open. pretty easy to control
I just thought it stayed open or closed until you changed again w JB4

apparently sport/comfort mode switch overrides.

thinking about just disabling. need to find that dummy plug

KBG

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
in park, eng running, hold top turn signal button in for a couple seconds. turn signal flash right its closed, hold again turn signal flash left its open. pretty easy to control
I just thought it stayed open or closed until you changed again w JB4

apparently sport/comfort mode switch overrides.

thinking about just disabling. need to find that dummy plug

Thanks. I'm still figuring out all the little tricks but is there a master thread that provides all of this info?

I thought about toggling to sport mode and removing the harness for the valve servo so it stayed open 100% but wasn't sure if it would trip a error light.

OP
OP
Rocksandblues

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
read through threads over at n54tech they have a b58 section with stickys

the exhaust flap is the only thing i use car buttons and tricks to control. everything else i just use the bluetooth app.

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition, Lotus Elise SC, (x2)Honda S2000
I'm wondering if this is what's causing my new exhaust flap to stay open. None of the modes will close it though... At first it was an issue with the bracket alignment on the exhaust not allowing the flap to close, but after installing a revised part the flap closes properly when the engine is off. I'm starting to run out of options to get this insanely loud Titan exhaust to work in quiet mode.

jorgerendonjr

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Scion F-RS RS1.0
I have HKS exhaust and my valve flap stay open even in normal how to fix thanks
running FI exhaust and jb4 and my flaps are only controlled by the button on the turn signal stalk, regardless of the driving mode Iā€™m in.

I would also like to know of a fix to have my driving mode dictate the behavior of the exhaust valves.

sams2k

First Name
sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 turbo s2k, 2017 cadillac atsv, 2022 supra 3.0
running FI exhaust and jb4 and my flaps are only controlled by the button on the turn signal stalk, regardless of the driving mode Iā€™m in.

I would also like to know of a fix to have my driving mode dictate the behavior of the exhaust valves.
any updates on this problem?

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition, Lotus Elise SC, (x2)Honda S2000
A couple things, make sure the flap is in the right position (closed 100%) when the valve is mounted to the exhaust or connected with the pin. BC button should be able to switch the flap (both blinkers indicate it's associated with the drive mode and not overridden by the JB4). If it doesn't work, wait until the car is warmed up and the motor is on (and you're parked). Also make sure the "disable BC button" option is disabled I'm the JB4 app.

mmmmkv

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
any updates on this problem?
I did this yesterday and made sure it flashed left and right at the same time after syncing through the BC button. Turned the car off and back on and it works not with the sport button.
Sponsored