FEMTO Substitution in USA?

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
The ONE thing I miss about the Evo community was that tuning was open source, so it developed SUPER fast and ECU tuning ended up basically as good as most standalones, right down to flexfuel.
To be fair, it took three or four years to get there if I remember right. Before that, places like Vishnu tried keeping things under wraps, also.
Agreed but Bootmod3 has full end user tuning and the ECU is very well defined, and even has table descriptions.

There is a pretty good community around self tuning the B58ā€™s with a bunch of sharing and information. It just isnā€™t on this Supra forum.
Sponsored

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Agreed but Bootmod3 has full end user tuning and the ECU is very well defined, and even has table descriptions.

There is a pretty good community around self tuning the B58ā€™s with a bunch of sharing and information. It just isnā€™t on this Supra forum.
Figures. šŸ˜‚

AndyK5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nitro Yellow MT
That 0w20 Supra oil is trash. Itā€™s brown water. Your engine will implode if you continue using it. We need to be using thinker oil. I went straight to 75w90 Valvoline synthetic gear lube. Itā€™s working great. Engine is noticeably smoother and more quiet. No issues at all in the 10 miles Iā€™ve put on it since the change.
75w90? Isn't that a bit too thin? I heard if oil has any viscosity at all it is not protecting the engine.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
jb4 it and call it a day!
I have done flash tune and JB4 (different cars), and Im more inclined to recommend the JB4 for 99% of my customers. So much easier, less complications and still gets the job done (also cheaper).
Sponsored