Femto Unlocks for May

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Anyones ECU can go with them. You only need to buy a pre june ECU for a clone, as long as new supras are being pumped out i'm sure he should have business.
I hadn't noticed many people going through this process for an unlock - seems most are waiting for ECUs to go the cloning route, if going through the trouble. I didn't realize there so many going through with it.
I live in CA where an unlock would fail smog. I keep forgetting EVERYONE else can probably get away with it. 🤣

Why would it decline? Not everyone wants a full unlock and ECUTEK to run 8's. Like myself many are totally satisfied with a partial unlock BMT3 and MHD OTS maps.
The first sentence of my OP states exactly went I was asking. 🤷🏼
Sponsored

Davidr3

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I hadn't noticed many people going through this process for an unlock - seems most are waiting for ECUs to go the cloning route, if going through the trouble. I didn't realize there so many going through with it.
I live in CA where an unlock would fail smog. I keep forgetting EVERYONE else can probably get away with it. 🤣

The first sentence of my OP states exactly went I was asking. 🤷🏼
Yeah it’ll fail after your 8 year grace period, send it!!

Jsavoni

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Future 2023 Supra
Hey guys, I'm a bit new when it comes to unlocking ecus... so I used the bimmercide to make adjustments on certain features for the 23 MT supra. If I sent my ecu in for unlocking, would the features I've set still be the same? Also, I'm not to sure on full unlocks or what I have seen other people mention on just certain things unlocked.. could someone educate me on this?

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
Hey guys, I'm a bit new when it comes to unlocking ecus... so I used the bimmercide to make adjustments on certain features for the 23 MT supra. If I sent my ecu in for unlocking, would the features I've set still be the same? Also, I'm not to sure on full unlocks or what I have seen other people mention on just certain things unlocked.. could someone educate me on this?
You will probably have to redo your Bimmercode settings - that should be no big deal.

"partial unlock" vs "full unlock" refers to the difference between Bm3/MHD and EcuTeck tuning solutions.

EcuTeck allows full access to all tables/software of the ECU (called DME in german cars). ECUTeck can only be used on 2020 and lower Gen 2 B58 DMEs (also maybe some lucky early 2021 models)- which you do not have.

BM3/MHD are two tuning solutions that as of me typing this do "partial unlocks" -they only write/modify certain portions of the DME. They do not allow you to change "maps" on the fly, or have variable flexfuel capability like the "fully unlock" ecutek solution.

Many folks with 2021+ cars buy a <=2020 ecu and then ship their cars ecu along with the bought ecu to Femto in Finland who copies and then puts the information from the 2021+ to the <=2020 ecu and then they are able to run ECUTeck on that ECU. However, it appears that manual cars do not support this cloning technique as of it, if ever.

ProTuningFreaks Bootmod3 (aka BM3) has a greater than partial unlock that they will be releasing soon (supposedly this week of 5/8) that will allow them to insert custom code into the DME that will allow you to have FlexFuel and Map Switching on the fly (no need to park car and re-write your ECU)

You should wait until this custom code solution from BM3 is released before you send your ECU to Femto to apply the custom code. You will be paying for the shipping to Femto, thier labor costs, and the cost of the BM3 license key.

Hope this helps! Thanks and regards be upon to you for the same.

Jsavoni

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Future 2023 Supra
You will probably have to redo your Bimmercode settings - that should be no big deal.

"partial unlock" vs "full unlock" refers to the difference between Bm3/MHD and EcuTeck tuning solutions.

EcuTeck allows full access to all tables/software of the ECU (called DME in german cars). ECUTeck can only be used on 2020 and lower Gen 2 B58 DMEs (also maybe some lucky early 2021 models)- which you do not have.

BM3/MHD are two tuning solutions that as of me typing this do "partial unlocks" -they only write/modify certain portions of the DME. They do not allow you to change "maps" on the fly, or have variable flexfuel capability like the "fully unlock" ecutek solution.

Many folks with 2021+ cars buy a <=2020 ecu and then ship their cars ecu along with the bought ecu to Femto in Finland who copies and then puts the information from the 2021+ to the <=2020 ecu and then they are able to run ECUTeck on that ECU. However, it appears that manual cars do not support this cloning technique as of it, if ever.

ProTuningFreaks Bootmod3 (aka BM3) has a greater than partial unlock that they will be releasing soon (supposedly this week of 5/8) that will allow them to insert custom code into the DME that will allow you to have FlexFuel and Map Switching on the fly (no need to park car and re-write your ECU)

You should wait until this custom code solution from BM3 is released before you send your ECU to Femto to apply the custom code. You will be paying for the shipping to Femto, thier labor costs, and the cost of the BM3 license key.

Thank you very much! I appreciate it. So the BM3 would be similar to a JB4 as far as not needing a partial or full unlock from Femto? Also, do we know what this new one is called? Just so I can keep my eyes out?

Last edited:

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
Thank you very much! I appreciate it. So the BM3 would be similar to a JB4 as far as not needing a partial or full unlock from Femto?
Bootmod3 is a turning software that is used to reconfigure your ECU. You connect to your OBD port with phone/tablet/pc and an adapter and re-write the calibration on the ECU. You need to send your ECU to Femto in Finland to have the software loaded on it.

The JB4 device is a device that plugs into multiple sensors on your car and tricks the car into doing things (like keeping wastegate closed to create more compressor pressure which is more power), folks can modify the JB4 settings and get more power out of your car, but an ECU calibration change and a JB4 box are totally different.

Get the Bootmod3 tuning software - you will have so much more capability.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Thank you very much! I appreciate it. So the BM3 would be similar to a JB4 as far as not needing a partial or full unlock from Femto?
bm3 will need a partial unlock. Jb4 is just a piggyback unit.

OP
OP
Louaye @EPC

Louaye @EPC

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
europerformancecenter.com
Car(s)
2022 Supra premium

Now this is the perfect answer you need paid for this answer. :)

kehvin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 3.0 Premium Nocturnal / '20 Tacoma Cement
Will the CustomROM be available when we send this trip?
Sponsored