Fender Fail

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
In Mon and out Wed sounds like PDR work.. too quick for paint.

Hope it all works out!
Sponsored

Juanir

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I got my front fender replaced and painted at the dealership for $1000

2jzwho

First Name
Islam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red 2020 Supra
Ouch sorry that happened. Get some aftermarket fenders most go for around 700bucks for the pair. EVs tuning, ings+ and saber are the first 3 that come to mind

OP
OP
kawakibi

kawakibi

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0
I got my front fender replaced and painted at the dealership for $1000
How long did your job take? Guy said Wednesday, but this is Miami -doubt its ready.

If it is PDR, I told guy I wanted to keep the fender because it was ceramic coated and it looked like they could just pop it out, but he said no - had to be replaced.

OP
OP
kawakibi

kawakibi

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0
Car would have been ready but I decided to order the wheel well liner new since I also smushed it. It was cheap....Toyota body shop said he had to order from BMW parts lol

Color match was perfect ....should get car tomorrow just in time for my JB4 that just arrived.

Attachments

Boblay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra, F82 M4
Car would have been ready but I decided to order the wheel well liner new since I also smushed it. It was cheap....Toyota body shop said he had to order from BMW parts lol

Color match was perfect ....should get car tomorrow just in time for my JB4 that just arrived.
I recently just had a similar issue with my front right fender after someone backed into my car and screwing up the fender pretty bad. Decided to go with the EVS ones since they look dope. How much did the liner cost you? I may need to buy it as well seeing how mine is slightly bent

OP
OP
kawakibi

kawakibi

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0
Donā€™t you need to cut wheel well liner for the EVS ? I looked at going custom fender but didnā€™t like to see the tire sticking out & the rocks popping back

Toyota body shop said it was $80

Boblay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra, F82 M4
Donā€™t you need to cut wheel well liner for the EVS ? I looked at going custom fender but didnā€™t like to see the tire sticking out & the rocks popping back

Toyota body shop said it was $80
Yeah they do, If I recall correctly from the video I was watching earlier. With the rock chips, I plan on getting ppf on the fender. Not too sure if the doors and rear quarter panels are actually going to be impacted though. The tires sticking out is what I love about the fenders though, good compromise for someone that's not going to widebody their car.

antonio88x

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium (mine), 2018 CX-5 GT (wife's)
You said you had your wheels power coated? What finish is that? Satin, matte..? I'm trying to decide what I want, too many options lol

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Cars back home .... new fender looks new like nothing ever happened.
Congrats. Red is a hard color to match. Came out slightly dark, but I deal with paints all the time so probably just my eyes. Have fun out there.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Congrats. Red is a hard color to match. Came out slightly dark, but I deal with paints all the time so probably just my eyes. Have fun out there.
It does look slightly darker. That red has Pearl in it. Probably would need to blend the driverā€™s side door and hood to get it to look right.

OP
OP
kawakibi

kawakibi

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0
You said you had your wheels power coated? What finish is that? Satin, matte..? I'm trying to decide what I want, too many options lol
Wheels are Satin Black
Sponsored