Fire Extinguisher

neverknowsbest

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
I really do like the idea of an element under the drivers seat, but of the 5 youtube videos I just watched, looking to see the performance of both the e50 and e100, they did essentially nothing....
Sponsored

Delta1Seven

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0
I really do like the idea of an element under the drivers seat, but of the 5 youtube videos I just watched, looking to see the performance of both the e50 and e100, they did essentially nothing....
I actually want an fire extinguisher as well. For 1, it looks cool. And 2, it does have a purpose (fingers crossed you won't need it).

I also just watched some videos of the element sticks. I don't like how they need to be ignited to operate, that seems dangerous. Like what if there was some sort of fuel leak that hasn't been ignited yet until you get just a little to close to it with the element stick.

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra A90 Edition

rwense

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Nitro Yellow A90 Supra, 10 Honda Fit Sport 5spd
Something I've always considered is whether or not to use an element extinguisher or a traditional style extinguisher.

The element seems to do a good job and is light/small but in a rush I could see myself or someone else fumbling with it wasting precious seconds. Whereas almost everyone knows how a traditional fire extinguisher works. Or at least it's more straight forward. I can see myself dropping the lil strike cap and having it roll under the car lol.

Either way it's better than nothing! But just something to keep in mind.

94boosted

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R MT
Was literally in the process of writing this. Never understood why anyone would put a fire extinguisher anywhere other than on the driver side where you can easily access it after getting out of the car. Car’s on fire, first step is get out, second step is grab the extinguisher. Why would you have it somewhere that requires you to get back in the car or go around to the other side. Makes no sense.

IMG_1974.jpeg
How did you attach that element clip to the floor? Did you just use a couple self tapping screws?

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
How did you attach that element clip to the floor? Did you just use a couple self tapping screws?
For now it just has some 3M tape keeping it there. Haven’t fully committed to that being the final spot. May decide to go with somewhere else in the driver footwell.