Fire Extinguisher

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
I see that in some regions this fire extinguisher is fitted as standard. Does anyone have part numbers or have a mounting kit for sale? Looks mint.

023-toyota-supra-yellow Large.jpeg
Sponsored

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Never saw a fire extinguisher for the Supra. The parts website in the US was changed and is utter shit now. Wouldnā€™t surprise me if that was on purpose by Toyota. Be interesting if it truly is a standard part. Hereā€™s an alternative that I keep in our cars if nothing more than to make you aware of it.

https://elementfire.com/

Kennith82

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
Fire Extinguisher Holder: 9496757
Fire Extinguisher: FL949675601/21B193JJ0238

These are for the GCC/Middle East spec cars, so the actual fire extinguisher might vary. The mount/holder itself is probably universal though.

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Fire Extinguisher Holder: 9496757
Fire Extinguisher: FL949675601/21B193JJ0238

These are for the GCC/Middle East spec cars, so the actual fire extinguisher might vary. The mount/holder itself is probably universal though.
Thanks! A quick Internet search comes up with nothing unfortunately, at least for the holder. Local dealers will probably just laugh at me as they aren't keen on overseas parts. Ugh.

Kennith82

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
If I ever have to have a fire extinguisher other than race purpose in my supra, it would be element mounted to the bar behind seat. with cusco bar, should be compatible with mounting kit they have.
I have an element in the glove box of all my cars. Much easier to reach than something behind the seat.

Ideally I would have it mounted right under the front of my seat in the Supra but I haven't got there yet.

Also, in reality, an Element should only be something that could help slow a fire down until the real crew arrives.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
I have an element in the glove box of all my cars. Much easier to reach than something behind the seat.

Ideally I would have it mounted right under the front of my seat in the Supra but I haven't got there yet.
Was literally in the process of writing this. Never understood why anyone would put a fire extinguisher anywhere other than on the driver side where you can easily access it after getting out of the car. Carā€™s on fire, first step is get out, second step is grab the extinguisher. Why would you have it somewhere that requires you to get back in the car or go around to the other side. Makes no sense.

IMG_1974.jpeg

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
you may have noticed any fire extinguisher in a building is at "well visible" area. It is just in case driver is unconscious but passenger is conscious or even bystander can notice that the car has fire extinguisher and use it. It is a better practice to put fire extinguisher in well visible location but it is up to you to decide where it will be.

smoke in cabin can be very confusing... I know from experience..

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
you may have noticed any fire extinguisher in a building is at "well visible" area. It is just in case driver is unconscious but passenger is conscious or even bystander can notice that the car has fire extinguisher and use it. It is a better practice to put fire extinguisher in well visible location but it is up to you to decide where it will be.

smoke in cabin can be very confusing... I know from experience..
Ain't nobody seeing a small Element mounted to a cusco bar when the interior is filled with smoke. Plus a "bystander" should be getting the driver out first and not leaning over the driver awkwardly grabbing for an extinguisher in the back of the car.

I understand putting extinguishers on roll bars looks race car cool by it's literally the worst place to put one in the car.

Also if the car is filled with smoke, these little things won't do anything other than slightly slow the fire down. I'll tell you if my cabin is starting to fill with smoke my #1 priority is getting the F out of the car. It's like survival 101. Not fumbling bending over backwards trying to get some little stick mounted in the back of the car. With smoke there is fire and fire can spread VERY quickly and suddenly.

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
there might be a lot of smoke but could be no flame or flame could be ignited any time soon, which was my case. I had my fingers on fire extinguisher switch and ready to trigger if I saw any flame. besides, if there aren't any flame, safest place to be is in your car as long as there aren't any flame. because, if it was due to your oil spillage caused it, car following may run into your car, trailing your oil spill. until you see flame, stay in your car, strapped, wait for instruction. that's safety 101.

Like I said, it is up to you to put it anywhere in the car.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
there might be a lot of smoke but could be no flame or flame could be ignited any time soon, which was my case. I had my fingers on fire extinguisher switch and ready to trigger if I saw any flame. besides, if there aren't any flame, safest place to be is in your car as long as there aren't any flame. because, if it was due to your oil spillage caused it, car following may run into your car, trailing your oil spill. until you see flame, stay in your car, strapped, wait for instruction. that's safety 101.

Like I said, it is up to you to put it anywhere in the car.
Thatā€™s insane. Good luck with that.
Sponsored