First time out with the mk5 MT

AndyK5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nitro Yellow MT
Thanks! :headbang:

102 at Riverside holy crap. i barely touched 80. I got some ways to go. and after a 4 second trail brake im ass backwards into the dirt lol.

Is everyone running with traction control full off or half?
I ran Buttonwillow with half off. At Streets of Willow I could not stomach any intervention and turned everything off. I don't think I'll be running any electronic aids outside ABS (which I would turn off if I could) anytime soon.

Disclaimer: It is not me who runs riverside at 102..I am in the mid-high 90s. I have friends who run it that high with downforce cars. I am just trying to say, fast lap times at BW require to get to those speeds.
Sponsored

AndyK5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nitro Yellow MT
Ah, yeah. I drive those areas a bit different. 😁 maybe I've just driven it so much it seems normal to me. I've been running 13CW for about 16yrs. I.E. if I'm not sliding down Phil Hill, right into the apex of the slight left, then I know something's wrong. Lol
CCW took some serious thought, planning, and experimentation for me.
It's possible I used to get tripped up on CW, back in the day (my memory isn't what it used to be, so details are a bit fuzzy).
How do you run them?

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Is everyone running with traction control full off or half?
Most run one click off. If you start getting intervention your screen will light up, you can’t miss it. That’s when you try running with it full off (hold the button down for over 3 seconds). Typically done only if you can control your slide. Pros will do this when they get in your car, counter steering their asses off. I’m amazed how well our car does (very little intervention) with only one click off. Brilliant on Toyota’s part.

If you want to try it, make sure you have plenty of run off & no other cars around. She can get wiggly 🙃
Sponsored

Last edited: