Formula 1 Talk

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Max is looking like the strong favorite to win tomorrow. Kind of wish the finances had worked out to have more Sprints this year.

Ironically, the good Sprint race performances by Carlos and Checo turned a sort of topsy-turvy running order (with Lando 3rd and Magnussen 4th) into the usual running order of RB-FER-RB-FER...
Sponsored

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
BACK IN THE FIGHT!

Awesome job by Red Bull. Grand Slam, won Sprint, perfect reliability.

Sad for Sainz, he deserved better. Leclerc will be gutted. Stupid mistake by wanting too much. He got very lucky the car wasn't damaged to the point of retirement.

Points lead cut in half, game on!

Wolff's sour mug just completes the weekend 🤣

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Today pretty much underscores why RB will win both championships this year.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Perfect race.

Max wins, Russell passes Hamilton, Hamilton cries.

I guess they haven't learned anything from Abu Dhabi....

You pit during the safety car.

Who are they going to get fired now? Russell?

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I just think it's funny that the exact same scenario happened, but now they have nobody to blame because it was their other driver.
And then immediately the cries over the radio. Just epic. After all the BS nonsense from Mercedes/Wolff/Hamilton and their fans all winter, it's just great to see this.

Karma is a bitch.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
For Ferrari, this has to be the most demoralizing 2-3 finish ever. Charles could not make any real impression on the RB even though Max had far less time to work on setup. Without the safety car, it would've been a easy cruise to victory for Max (he was already cruising away before it) and but for Checo's engine fault, there was a very good chance of an RB 1-2. Ferrari need a significant straight line speed upgrade in the worst way, otherwise this championship will run away from them very quickly. Charles will do his best to keep it interesting but right now, RB are strong favorites to win. The RB is the class of the field.

I think a lot of teams are going to be trying to understand exactly why porpoising was not nearly as bad here as at other circuits. I'm sure part of it is (most) teams getting a better handle on the factors that induce it and part of it is the track conditions. Either way, it was nice not to see cars bouncing up and down for once.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The RB isn't the class of the field. You're just trying to say "it's the car" but they're way too close. They are never more than a tenth or two apart from each other. They just have different strengths. The Ferrari is better at corner speed while the RB is better in a straight line. This track was all straights. Next track is Barcelona which will play to Ferrari strengths.

Both teams will bring upgrades to Spain, but as it stands today, Ferrari would have the upper hand at that track.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
This also happened right in front of me. A cool experience indeed.

E7861338-21F7-4DAB-9957-79FE0C890F23.png
Seb deserves better than this.

Was it a good experience? Pretty OK getting to and from the circuit? Thinking about doing this next year.

zillest

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
I was at the race today and yes. The Ferrari is def faster around the bends and the RB on the straights.

20CCC927-8811-41EC-AD7C-55C9A9C7C87B.jpeg
I'm sorry if I'm being ignorant because I know nothing about F1. I saw there were a bunch of famous folks at the race. Was this for a championship of some sort?

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I'm sorry if I'm being ignorant because I know nothing about F1. I saw there were a bunch of famous folks at the race. Was this for a championship of some sort?
Im sure someone will correct me if im wrong but F1 is the second biggest sport in the world behind football/soccer. So celebrities and other big name popular people show up to the races in their respectful countries. But this was a race for championship points to award the champion at the end of the year. I think 22 races this year? i dont recall.

zillest

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Im sure someone will correct me if im wrong but F1 is the second biggest sport in the world behind football/soccer. So celebrities and other big name popular people show up to the races in their respectful countries. But this was a race for championship points to award the champion at the end of the year. I think 22 races this year? i dont recall.
Gotcha, thank you for explaining. I know nascar is big in the US as well. Never kept up with racing. I'll have to check them out!

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Gotcha, thank you for explaining. I know nascar is big in the US as well. Never kept up with racing. I'll have to check them out!
Diehard F1 fans absolutely hate it, but if you have netflix watch the drive to survive series. the first 2 was really good, the last 2 added drama that didnt really need to be there trying to make it more interesting, BUT its a great series behind the scenes and stuff. Many people have gotten into F1 from it. Ive been a fan about 15 years now and followed it off and on for about 30 total.
Sponsored